Today we are making LEGO bracelets! What better way to celebrate your bestie than with LEGO Friendship Bracelets? Kids of all ages with a little help from an adult can make cute friendship bracelets with this simple craft that is fun to make, wear and share.
DIY LEGO Bracelet
This is one of our favorite LEGO ideas is to encourage kids to make their own jewelry with spare bricks from around your house.
Related: More ideas LEGO you don’t want to miss
These LEGO bracelets are colorful and festive and easy to make if you have an adult around to assist.
This article includes affiliate links.
How to Make LEGO Friendship Bracelets
We are a big fan of DIY at our house so when we realized how simple it is to make custom friendship bracelets out of LEGOs, we couldn’t stop making these cool crafts!
Supplies Needed to Make LEGO bracelets
- Small LEGO building bricks – we like the 2 x 4 stud size which we used in this example
- Dremel rotary tool or drill to create a hole in both ends of the LEGO brick
- Yarn needle
- Yarn – different colors
Directions to Make LEGO Bracelets
Watch this Short Tutorial Video on How to Make a LEGO Friendship Bracelet
Ok! Let’s make our LEGO bracelets! This will be fun.
Step 1 – How to Drill a Hole in a LEGO
Use the Dremel to drill a hole in each side of a LEGO brick.
Tip: If you are doing this craft with a group of kids or need it to be a less supervised event, then pre-drill the holes before you start.
Step 2 – String Yarn onto Bricks
String the yarn onto the needle and thread it through the hole, pulling the yarn through.
Step 3 – Finish LEGO bracelet
Tie a knot into the yarn to attach it to the brick.
Repeat with the other side.
Finished LEGO Bracelet Craft
Tie the friendship bracelets onto your child’s wrist for them to wear!
Make LEGO Friendship Bracelets to Give
While many assume they are the perfect friendship bracelets for boys, girls know that LEGO friendship bracelets work for anyone because they are gender neutral. It is an easy way that lets kids make a great gift too.
You can even create a gift creative kit with different colors of yarn and pre-drilled bricks to give – the kit lets kids make their own pattern for their own unique look based on the child’s imagination.
LEGO Bracelet Craft is Perfect for Sleepovers
If you are hosting a sleepover and need a fun friendship bracelet craft, this might just be the perfect solution. This is one of those super simple creative art projects that kids will love and is made even easier if the holes in the LEGO bricks are prepared ahead of time.
- LEGO brick - we used a 2 x 4
- 3 pieces of yarn about 15 inches in length cut in half
- Dremel rotary tool or drill
- yarn needle
- Drill a small hole in both ends of the LEGO brick.
- Using the yarn needle thread three of the yarn pieces through the hole in the LEGO on each side.
- Tie the yarn in place.
- Tie the bracelet onto the child's wrist.
LEGO Bracelet Sets You Can Buy
Don’t have time to DIY LEGO bracelets? I get it! We love the LEGO Dots sets that give kids everything for open-ended design inspiration with included pattern ideas:
- LEGO DOTS Bracelet Mega Pack – DIY bracelet mego pack friendship toy is a creative craft bracelet making kit for kids featuring 5 adjustable toy jewelry bands and 295 colorful tiles. Kids will make their own bracelet from their own designs!
- LEGO DOTS Jewelry Craft 6 Pack – Cool DIY pack kit features creative sports bracelet making kits for girls and boys to make a custom friendship wristband from the 6 flexible bands. This DIY set makes 6 DOTS bracelets
- LEGO DOTS Magic Forest Bracelet Craft Kit – this creative arts kit includes one adjustable band and 32 colorful tiles (extra dots) to build self-expression skills
More LEGO Fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Try one of these lego art projects or other ideas for endless fun
- Need help with your LEGO organization and LEGO storage? We got you covered.
- Make a LEGO spaceship…it is so fun.
- Grab some fun LEGO printables here.
- Have you seen this cool LEGO beehive.
- Check out the info we have on Costco LEGO bricks and all that fun.
- How to build a LEGO table from Ikea furniture. <–we have used ours for over 6 years and it is PERFECT.
- These would be great gifts at a LEGO party.
- And if you have extra bricks, you could even make some LEGO Hand Sanitizer.
Did your kids enjoy making these DIY Lego friendship bracelets?