Preschool teachers, we have compiled some great ideas for improving your students’ social interaction skills! You’ll love these five fun circle time best activities for 2 year olds! Grab your little kids, and let’s get started.
FUN CIRCLE TIME ACTIVITY IDEAS FOR A GROUP OF TODDLERS
Circle time, also called group time, is a period in the school day when young children, especially preschoolers and kindergarteners, but also older children, gather in a circle to do a group activity. A successful circle time activity helps develop positive relationships between children, social skills, cooperative learning, fine motor skills, language skills, communication skills, and more.
Because we know each classroom is different, we gathered small group activities and large group time activities, as well as ideas for young and older toddlers.
Let’s get started with our toddler circle time activities.
1. Toddler Circle Time Activities for the Montessori Classroom
Teaching Expertise shared 20 circle time games that helps with different skills. It includes circle time songs, finger play, sensory play, and other educational activities for the entire class.
2. Five Little Candy Canes Activity For Circle Time
Work on counting skills with this Five Little Candy Canes activity. Fun for toddler and preschool circle time, especially for helping improve short attentions spans! Plus, they have a Christmas theme that many kids love. From Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds.
3. Gingerbread Man Circle Time Printable Props
These free gingerbread man circle time printable props can be used while reading and singing related books and songs with the whole class. Singing is one of the best ways to engage the children’s attention. From Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds.
4. Printable Bunny Easter Circle Time Props
Add these Easter circle time props to your early childhood classroom. Toddlers and preschoolers can hold their bunny sticks with their little hands while singing Easter songs! It also doubles as a movement activity – hooray! From Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds.
5. DIY Toddler Circle Time Board
Create your own circle time board with these tips and resources. You can add whatever topics you prefer: we recommend days of the week, shapes, colors, letters, and numbers. The best thing is that you can update it as often as needed! From Autumn romano.
Want more activities for Toddlers? Try these ideas from Kids Activities Blog:
- These pom pom activities are perfect for toddlers and preschoolers alike.
- We have the best toddler puzzles for two year olds that are very easy to DIY.
- Looking for preschool Halloween crafts? We’ve got them!
- Homemade fingerpaint is so much fun to do.
- Have you tried ball painting? It’s a simple way of making art for young children.
- You definitely need to take a look at our compilation of 200+ sensory bin ideas!
- Birthday coming up? Get inspiration from our toddler birthday party ideas.
What was your favorite circle time activity for 2 year olds?