Today we have easy art for kids. Looking for toddler art projects? You’re in the right place for our favorite simple art projects! Today we have 40 easy art activities for little kids. Let’s learn some classic and new art techniques that are great fun that you can use at home or in the classroom.
The Best Crafts for Toddlers
Art toddler crafts are more than just a great way to enhance artistic child development, but it’s also the perfect way to enhance a child’s ability to interact with the world around them, providing a set of skills for expressing themselves, problem solving, and communicating with others. When you add a fun art activity to your little one’s day, they will be able to develop their fine motor skills and improve dexterity on their little fingers while being creative through art!
With a few simple art supplies and a little bit of creativity, toddlers, 3 year olds and older kids will have so much fun creating easy arts and crafts! Let’s do easy art!
This article contains affiliate links.
Related: Picasso-Inspired Homemade Tree Ornaments Art Project
Arts and Crafts for Toddlers
You’ll need simple supplies to make these craft projects, such as cardboard rolls, plastic bags, shaving cream, watercolor paint, tissue paper, popsicle sticks, pipe cleaners, food coloring, paper plates, and other things you probably already got at home. Enjoy these creative activities for preschoolers!
Toddler Arts and Crafts: DIY’s
1. DIY Scented Play Dough!
Let’s make scented play dough to help our little ones create beautiful works of art with their little hands! From Popsugar.
2. Homemade Paint | How to Make Paint
Using a combination of salt, flour, and water, this recipe for homemade paint is beyond simple. From Tinkerlab.
3. DIY Kids Art Play Blocks
These brilliantly colored play blocks are a creative way to show off your kids’ art and doodles! From Hello Wonderful.
4. 3 Ingredient DIY Foam Paint
Nothing’s better and easier than foam painting. You only need three ingredients for this one: shaving cream, school glue, and food coloring. Happy painting! From Dabbles and Babbles.
Easy Art: Fun with Objects
5. Ball Art for Preschoolers & Toddlers – Let’s Paint!
Do your kids enjoy making a mess? Then they’ll love painting with balls – golf balls, tennis balls, marbles, dryer balls – everything works!
6. Sponge Painting for Toddlers
Sponge painting is a wonderful way for young children to explore paint, they don’t need to have superior fine motor skills to make some fun marks on the paper. It’s the perfect toddler art activity. From No Time For Flashcards.
7. Recycled Art for Earth Day
No Time for Flashcards shared this super fun recycled art project, where you will find a good use for all of those supplies you’ve never used.
8. Simple Straw-Threaded Shoestring Necklace
This fine motor practice is so simple, you can use either straws or dry pasta noodles and old shoelaces, and your craft is all ready to be made! From Hands on as we grow.
9. Painting with Trucks – Art for Kids
Painting with trucks is a classic art activity for kids to watch colors blend and see the tracks left by different tires. Try this tutorial from Learn Play Imagine.
10. Cotton Ball Painting
Kids of all ages will love this cotton ball painting activity because what kid doesn’t like messy painting?! It also has elements of fine motor (pinching) and gross motor (throwing), making it a great game for preschoolers. From The Chaos and the Clutter.
11. Water Balloon Painting Art Activity
Have you ever painted with water balloons? No? Well, this is your sign to make a fun art activity with your toddlers that involve water balloons! From Meri Cherry.
12. Marvelous Marble Painting
Marble painting is a classic! If you have some marbles, paint, white paper and a baking pan, you’re set to a great start. From Mess for Less.
13. Bubble Wrap Stomp Painting
We all know about finger painting, but what about stomp painting? It’s the perfect activity for a gross motor experience. From Mess for Less.
Crafts For Toddlers
14. Super Easy Fingerprint Art
This fingerpainting homemade gift is something mom will treasure for years to come, using their fingerprints, finger paints, and a canvas or card.
15. No-Mess Finger Painting for Toddlers…Yes, No Mess!
We simply love this No-Mess Finger Painting idea is genius for kids of all ages who want to get their hands into a project, but you don’t want to have a huge mess.
16. Fun Watercolor Resist Art Idea Using Crayons
We have a fun art activity that is great for toddlers, preschoolers, and kids of all ages – let’s make Crayon Resist Art using watercolor paint!
17. Acorn Craft For Toddlers
This craft is so easy to set up – all you need is construction paper, a brown paper bag, markers or crayons, and glue – and of course, a toddler wanting to participate! From No Time for Flash Cards.
18. Kidoodles: A Fine-Motor-Boosting Sticker Paint Creation
With a sheet of white paper and an assortment of puffy stickers, kids will be making their own creative sticker paint crafts! From Popsugar.
19. Valentine’s Day Art: The Kids’ HeArts
This heart art craft from Hands on as we grow is so cute, and ideal for a Valentine’s Day DIY gift.
20. No-mess Color Mixing Art
Want to encourage art but don’t want to clean up the mess after? We’ve got you! Kids can use their hands to create some modern art pieces without making a mess. From Mama Smiles.
21. Easy Sticker Activities for Toddlers
Stickers are great to use with toddlers as they help with fine motor skills and you can get creative with them all year round. Try these activities from Rainy Day Mum!
22. Contact Paper Recycled Sculpture
We love collaborative projects like this one from The Imagination Tree! This one uses only contact paper and a collection of recycled materials from around the house.
23. Even Toddlers Can Sew | a Sewing Project for Beginners
Sewing doesn’t have to be complicated. Here’s a simple way to sew with a toddler that you can try with materials that you may already have around the house. From Tinkerlab.
24. Kid Made Personalized Planters – Best Teacher Gift
There’s no better present than a hand-made one! These personalized planters from Meri Cherry are unique and so much fun to make.
25. How to Make Marbled Paper with Shaving Cream & Paint
Kids love making marble paper as you can make tons of designs with all different colors, and shaving cream is a very fun supply that most of us already have. From Crafty Morning.
26. Summer Activities for Kids Series: Lobster Hand and Footprint Art
Grab a pair of googly eyes because we’re making a lobster craft. This craft is perfect to celebrate summer – using our kids’ handprints and footprints! From The Taylor House.
27. Easy Toddler Name Art
It’s never too early to start reading practice! This art project for toddlers from Learn with Play at Home is a great place to start.
28. Soap Foam Prints
Not only does this art activity using foam produce beautiful results, but it is also super fun for kids as it involves bubbles! From Mess For Less.
29. Create Spin Art with Kids – No Machine Required
Let’s make modern spin art with an old salad spinner, paint, masking tape, and watercolor paper. This craft is highly addictive! From DIY Candy.
30. Egg Carton Flowers
If you have some leftover egg cartons, turn them into some fun spring-themed crafts! These crafts are perfect to display or make as a gift for Mother’s Day. From I Heart Arts n Crafts.
31. Scented Rainbow Sensory Activity
This Scented Sensory Rainbow Art project provides a lot of sensory fun with DIY dyed bath salts. From Coffee Cups and Crayons.
32. Window Art with Foam Shapes and Water
Toddlers and preschoolers who like creating and playing with water will love this fun and easy outdoor art activity. Let’s make window art with foam shapes and water. From Happy Hooligans.
33. Easy Rainbow Handprint Silhouettes
Are you looking for a fun way to preserve those little handprints and even put them on display? Try these handprints silhouettes from Pint-sized Treasures!
34. Egg Carton Butterfly Garland
Follow this simple tutorial to make the most beautiful butterfly garland made with egg cartons! From I Heart Arts n’ Crafts.
35. Button and Cardboard Christmas Tree Ornaments
These button and cardboard Christmas trees from Happy Hooligans are a great Christmas craft for toddlers and preschoolers to make, and a fun preschool painting technique too!
36. Toddler Art with Paper Towels and Liquid Watercolours
Paper towels and liquid watercolors are two supplies that you can grab quickly to keep your little ones entertained for ages while learning about water absorption and enhancing fine motor skills. From Happy Hooligans.
Arts and Crafts For Toddlers: Fun with Food
37. Flour Sensory Play for Toddlers (& Being Okay with the Mess)
Set up a fun busy activity for toddlers and preschoolers. An easy flour sensory play station will entertain children again and again! From Hands on as we grow.
38. Color Rice Art
Let’s make an easy art craft using colored rice and a sheet of paper! It’s a great way to practice fine motor skills and color recognition too. From Your Modern Family.
39. Rainbow Craft for Kids
Here is a simple and fun rainbow craft the kids are sure to love – who doesn’t love Fruit Loops?! From Growing a Jeweled Rose.
40. Rainbow Salt Tray
This Rainbow Salt Tray activity from Learning 4 Kids is a fun and inviting pre-writing activity. Draw pictures, create patterns and practice writing your name with salt!
LOOKING FOR MORE CRAFTS and art ideas? WE’VE GOT THEM:
- Take a look at our more than 100 5 minute crafts for kids.
- Crayon art is the perfect activity to do when it’s too hot (or too cold!) to go outside.
- Why not practice your cutting skills with a fun craft, like these paper snowflake designs?
- Spring is here — that means it’s time to create tons of flower crafts and art projects.
- Our paper plate animals are the perfect way to learn about animals.
- Let’s get some creative card making ideas for the holidays.
- We have the best activities for 2 year olds and older children – find your favorite!
- Check out these art lessons for kids!
- Here are some fun shape activities!
- Check out these string art projects!
- What about these fun rainbow kids parties ideas?
- We have plenty of easy crafts for 2 year olds!
- We have a non-toxic paint recipe, perfect for toddlers!
What was your favorite toddler art project?