This toilet paper roll necklace craft is perfect for toddlers and preschoolers. Really kids of all ages will love this fun DIY necklace craft. Plus this toilet paper roll necklace craft is a great way to recycle toilet paper rolls and use up miscellaneous buttons!
Fun and Easy Toilet Paper Roll Necklace Craft
We made this toilet paper roll necklace so easily.
My three-year-old can’t leave the house without wearing jewelry, so we had to come up with a way to turn toilet paper rolls into a necklace (because we LOVE toilet paper roll crafts).
The trick is how you cut the roll. And, let me tell you, this came out so. darn. cute!
This post contains affiliate links
Make a Toilet Paper Roll Necklace
How to Make this Super Cute Flower Toilet Paper Roll Necklace Craft
Cut your toilet paper roll in half lengthwise (like a hot dog bun, not a hamburger bun). And, paint the inside of the toilet paper roll.
**Tip: Use two colors that contrast to make the necklace pop!
After the paint has dried, let your kids color on top with oil pastel crayons. My three-year-old could have done this forever!
Then, flip your project over to trace the flower shape on the back.
Cut the shapes out and punch two holes from the bottom layer.
Thread your string through these holes. (Check out the handy dandy photo below!)
Now, all you need to do is build a sandwich (yes, a sandwich) to make the flower:
Put glue over the two holes that you thread.
Layer the second toilet paper roll cut out on top of the glue.
Add more glue (are you imagining sandwich layers yet? I’m going to say this is the cheese…)
Glue the button in the center.
Note: You can curl and shape the tips of the flower after putting it together
This toilet paper roll necklace is sure to be a hit with kids!
- Toilet Paper Roll
- Acrylic Paint
- Oil Pastel Crayons
- Button (optional)
- String or Yarn
- Cut your toilet paper roll in half lengthwise.
- Paint the inside of the toilet paper roll.
- After the paint has dried, use oil pastel crayons on top.
- Flip your toilet paper roll over to trace the flower shape on the back.
- Cut out the flower on the toilet paper roll and punch two holes from the bottom layer.
- Thread your string through these holes.
- Put glue over the two holes that you thread.
- Layer the second toilet paper roll cut out on top of the glue.
- Add more glue.
- Glue the button in the center.
- Let it dry.
More Super Fun Jewelry Crafts For Kids From Kids Activities Blog:
- Wow, look at this DIY Jewelry made from recycled magazines.
- Did you know you can make jewelry out of straws?
- Check out these cool ways to make homemade jewelry.
- Try making this awesome edible jewelry!
- I love these 10 DIY jewelry projects for kids.
- Did you know you could turn your kids artwork into fun DIY jewelry?
How did your toilet paper roll necklace turn out? Comment below, we’d love to hear from you!