Looking for things to make with cardboard boxes? Check out this variety of cardboard crafts you can make with kids that don’t require a trip to the craft store! We have the best ideas for recycling and upcycling cardboard boxes into fun cardboard crafts, arts and DIY toys you can make at home or in the classroom.
Cardboard Crafts and Activities for Kids
We buy a TON online, especially in recent months – and this means we have TONS of boxes Don’t throw away your cardboard – before you recycle it, play-cycle. From a cereal box aquarium to Christmas scenes, we have gathered a ton of fun craft ideas for you to try. The best part is, these are all great ways to spend time together with your kids.
Related: Let’s Fold Paper into Cubes & Build with Paper Boxes
Grab your empty cardboard boxes, pipe cleaners, googly eyes, cardboard tubes, rubber bands and whatever other supplies you have on hand for fun craft projects! We have gathered super cool cardboard crafts that are perfect for kids of all ages.
Plus many of these are great ways to promote pretend play in a clever way, and these creative crafts are also great fine motor skills practice. Whether it is a rainy day or a good day these are the best things. Here are 50 things you can do with a Card Board Box!!
Cardboard crafts Your Kids WilL Love
These fun crafts are not only fun, but great ideas on how to recycle and reuse boxes at home. Whether they’re big boxes or small cereal boxes these fun crafts have step by step tutorial to help you make our favorite crafts.
1. Make A Cardboard Puss In Boots Craft
Make a paper puss-n-boots. Bring life to your cardboard boxes by cutting them into storybook characters. at Kids Activities Blog
2. No Water Needed Aquarium Craft
Make a no-water-needed aquarium – the fish are cardboard. Love how bright this version is from Made by Joel
3. DIY Cardboard Finger Puppets Craft
Finger puppets are so fun, and easy to create. Cut holes into your “people” for the fingers. via The Pink Doormat(link no longer available)
4. Make Cardboard Animal Face Craft
There are no instructions from this post from Cargo Collective, but the concepts are terrific – LOTS of cardboard animal face ideas you can wear!
5. Homemade Cardboard Animal Drop Box Craft
Create an animal “dropbox” – if your kids are like mine they will love dropping animals (or cars) through the slots. via Meri Cherry
6. Fun Cardboard Coloring Activity
Your kids will disappear for an hour – all you need is a big box and a handful of crayons! via Berry Sweet Baby(link no longer available)
7. Cardboard Self Portrait Craft
Bring your self-portraits to life and “make a twin.” Color a picture of yourself and transfer it to cardboard, add brads for movement and you have a paper puppet. at Kids Activities Blog
8. Cardboard Minecraft Creeper Craft
Minecraft is huge at our house, if it is at yours too, try making these cardboard “creepers” from Ambrosia Girl
9. Build and Paint Cardboard Towers Activity and Craft
What a fun play date and a great way to enjoy all your Amazon boxes! Build and paint box towers in your yard. via Meri Cherry
10. Make A Foldable Cardboard Play House
Take your playhouse with you – this foldable cardboard house is perfect for trips to the park or a playdate at Grams. via This Heart of Mine
Things to make out of cardboard
11. Cardboard Pendulum Art
Make pendulum art using a diaper wipe dipped in paint, suspended, and swung onto a cardboard box. Have a hose nearby for easy clean-up. at Kids Activities Blog
12. Cardboard Sword And Shield Craft
Get ready for battle, create swords and a shield with cardboard and paper mache. via Red Ted Art
13. Cardboard Music Instruments Craft
Create musical instruments with your leftover boxes. This one uses rubber bands from Minieco
14. Create A Cardboard Playscape
A large box can be the perfect playscape. Draw roads and scenery for your small world toys to explore. via The Imagination Tree
Cardboard box ideas
15. Make A Cardboard Loom
You can create a working loom using cardboard boxes and sturdy yarn. Super nifty! via Craft Leftovers
16. Create A Cardboard Pitched Roof Play Home
Take off one side of a box and tape the tops together as a “pitched roof” for these fun crawl-in homes. via Loft in Soho(link no longer available)
17. Make A Cardboard Stacker Toy
Get building. You can cut cardboard into shapes to create a set of stackers. These are a great disposable toy, put a baggie-full in your bag. via Meaningful Mama
18. Make Cardboard Organizing Cubbies For Toys
Cubbies are fun. Make a collection of box-holes to organize small toys. via Top Tips
19. Cardboard Doll House Craft
This is a nifty pattern, worth the funds!! It shows you how to transform a box into a multi-story doll home. Available on Etsy.
20. Check Out This Fun Animal Face Craft
Use circles, paint and googly eyes, along with magnetic tape to create some fun animal faces. via Meri Cherry
21. DIY Cardboard Town Craft
This cardboard town is so cute for riding cars and trucks around the playhouses from non-toy gifts
22. Homemade Cardboard Watermelon Puzzle Craft
Teach your preschoolers fraction using this watermelon puzzle from Happy Tot shelf
23. Make A Cardboard Roller Coaster
You only need few supplies to make this Cardboard Roller coaster car inspired by The wonder park via Kids activities blog.
24. Try Making A Cardboard Skeeball Game
You don’t want to go to an arcade to play skeeball. Make your own using cardboard boxes craft. Via purposeful mommy
25. DIY Cardboard Box Lap Tray Craft
After seeing this Cardboard box lap tray, I immediately wanted to make one for me via The centisble life
Cardboard crafts for kids
26. Fun DIY Cardboard Cash Register Craft
If your kids are all about playing grocery shop, then you need to make this DIY Cardboard cash register. Via Handmade charlotte
27. Try These Cardboard Giraffe Crafts
Make your own Giraffe crafts for a Sophie fan in the house via Kids activities blog.
28. Cardboard Camper Playhouse Craft
Make your own camper playhouse when you can’t camp outside via The Merry thought
29. Cardboard Box Elevator Craft
The cardboard box elevator is so much fun for someone who loves pushing buttons. Via Repeat crafter me
30. DIY Cardboard Kitchen
Rotating knobs, drawer, refrigerator- this cardboard kitchen looks fun! Via Vikalpah
Easy cardboard crafts
31. Homemade Grocery Shop
Wondering what to do with a large cardboard box? Make this DIY grocery shop via Ikat bag
32. Wearable Cardboard Car
This wearable cardboard car will look so cute on your kids via Homemaker’s habitat
33. DIY Cardboard Marble Craft
This marble craft will be an entertaining project to make and play via Kids activities blog.
34. Homemade Cardboard Classic Bricks Puzzle Game
No-screen version of classic bricks puzzle game helps your kids in problem-solving & logical thinking. Via Instructables
35. Cardboard 3D Faux Metal Letters
You wouldn’t believe this is cardboard. 3D faux metal letters from Grillo Designs
DIY Cardboard projects
36. Cardboard Shelving Craft
Put your cardboard boxes together for instant shelving using cardboard boxes like Remodelista
37. Upcycling Cardboard Crafts
You will love this take on upcycling a cardboard box with felt and wooden handles from Lily Ardor
38. DIY Cardboard Storage Boxes
Some spray adhesive and a yard of fabric are all you want to make your own storage boxes. Via The crazy craft lady
39. Make A Beautiful Cardboard Lantern
Make a beautiful lantern using vellum paper and cardboard via Etsy
40. Cardboard Basket Craft
Turn your Amazon shipping boxes into DIY Baskets for storing everything around your house. Via Vikalpah
Easy Cardboard crafts
41. Cardboard Reindeer Craft
Create your own one-of-a-kind cardboard reindeer decor for holidays this year. Via Kids activities blog.
42. Cardboard Puzzle Game Craft
Puzzles are a fun way to keep kids occupied, make your own cardboard puzzle game via Mixi studio
43. Cardboard Round Weaving Craft
Circle or round weaving is so much fun to do! You can make trivets or wall art via Happy Hooligans
44. Gingerbread Tissue Box Craft
This Gingerbread tissue box will be a conversation starter. Via the tiny funnel
45. Cardboard Beaded Letters Craft
If your kids like stringing beads, this beaded letters from Kid made modern will be an interesting one to make for their room.
Cardboard box projects
46. 2D Cardboard Vase Craft
Artificial flowers will look wonderful in this 2D cardboard vase compared to the plain glass ones. Via Lars
47. Cardboard Cactus Craft
Don’t have a green thumb? Try making this Cardboard Cactus to beautify your tabletop. Via Jennifer Perkins
48. DIY Cardboard Play Food Craft
This cardboard play food is perfect for playing pretend bakery. Via Handmade Charlotte
49. Homemade Cardboard Hair Tie Organizer
Do you always lose your hair-ties? Make a hair-tie organizer from a cardboard box to keep track of them. Via Fancy Momma
50. Make Your Own Cardboard Dry Erase Board
Make your own Dry erase board using clear contact paper/plastic bag and few other supplies. Via Curly made
51. DIY Cardboard Playhouse Craft For Kid
The cardboard playhouse is super fun to make and play inside! Via A Girl and A glue gun
SOME OF OUR FAVORITE WAYS TO KEEP KIDS BUSY
- Get kids off technology and back to basics with learning worksheets you can print at home!
- Baby shark coloring pages are perfect for little ones who love the viral Pinkfong song.
- Make being stuck at home fun with our favorite indoor games for kids.
- Coloring is fun! Especially with our Fortnite coloring pages.
- Check out our Frozen 2 coloring pages.
- What’s the best kind of party? A unicorn party!
- Learn how to make a compass and go on an adventure with your kids.
- Create an Ash Ketchum costume.
- Try these fun edible playdough recipes!
- Kids love unicorn slime.
- Make reading even more fun with this PB kids summer reading challenge.
- Set up a neighborhood bear hunt. Your kids will love it!
- Your kids will have a blast with these prank ideas.
- Make coffee filter crafts!
- Easy crafts for kids will save your day.
- We have some great cardboard box crafts!
Which cardboard craft did you try? How did it turn out? Let us know in the comments below, we’d love to hear from you.