This Egg Carton Flower Wreath craft is such a fun and festive way to recycle a household item that would otherwise be tossed out!
This easy craft for kids is great for all ages even preschool crafters because the egg carton flower wreath steps are easy and there are places you can prepare the craft supplies ahead to make it the perfect level for your child or a classroom.
Spring Flower Egg Carton Wreath
Between your fridge and your craft supplies, you likely already have everything you need to make this lovely spring flower wreath made out of egg cartons!
DIY wreaths are a beautiful spring craft to make with your children, especially on a day when it’s too cold or wet to play outside.
This post contains affiliate links.
Egg Carton Flower Wreath Craft
Check your recycling bin and craft supply closet before heading to the store. You could use nearly any color leftover paint. The sky is the limit on your creativity with this wreath craft.
Supplies Needed For This Egg Carton Flower Wreath Craft
Here’s what you need to make this spring wreath:
How To Make This Egg Carton Flower Wreath Craft
Start by cutting the egg carton into individual pieces. Cut a slit at each corner and fold back the sides. This will create the “flower petals”.
Paint each flower your choice of color and set aside to dry.
Cut the middle out of the paper plate. If you had to cut the edge of the paper plate in order to cut out the middle, you can staple it back together.
Glue the painted flowers around the edge of the wreath, and tie a piece of ribbon for a bow!
How cute is that?
What a delightful craft to display on a wall in your home this spring!
You can even make your own paint to use when crafting this wreath.
- Egg carton
- Craft Paints
- Paint Brush
- Paper plate
- Start by cutting the egg carton into individual pieces. Cut a slit at each corner and fold back the sides. This will create the “flower petals”.
- Paint each flower your choice of color and set aside to dry.
- Cut the middle out of the paper plate. If you had to cut the edge of the paper plate in order to cut out the middle, you can staple it back together.
- Glue the painted flowers around the edge of the wreat
Colorful and Lovely Colorful Flower Wreath Craft
Whether you’re using acrylic paint, watercolor paints, or tempura paint, this is colorful and beautiful!
It looks great in the house, but you could potentially use it on your front door. I would definitely seal it first.
Just some notes:
Make sure you use cardboard egg cartons. Foam won’t work as well.
Don’t like the middle of the carton? Use a hot glue gun and put pom poms in the flower centers. You could also use green construction paper to cut out leaf shapes to go around the egg cups.
More Egg Carton Crafts for Kids
I love when I can combine recycling with crafting!
It’s a great way to teach kids by leading, as you try to find a second use for an item you might normally discard. Here are a few more fun egg carton craft ideas:
- Check out over 50 Amazing Egg Carton Crafts that we love!
- Here are some more egg carton ideas for kids that will make them smile.
- Get creative with egg cartons with these fun egg carton crafts for kids.
- Number game created out of an egg carton.
- Make a math game out of an egg carton.
- Make a egg carton spider!
More Spring Flower Crafts for Kids
The best part of spring is the beautiful flower show it puts on!
Some of my kids’ favorite crafts are flower crafts. There is just something so magical about them! Here are some of our favorite flower crafts and printables for kids:
- Printable Spring Flower Coloring Craft
- Make Cupcake Liner Flowers…they are so pretty!
- 10 Ways To Make Flowers With Preschoolers – fun preschool flower crafts
- Felt Button Flower Magnets – super cute button flower craft
- Download & print our 14 original flower coloring pages!
- Follow the simple steps to make a flower drawing easy!
- Craft this easy paper flower bouquet.
More DIY Wreath Craft Ideas for Kids
Wreaths are the best way to decorate your door. They are such a cheap and easy way to decorate your house, and also super fun to make! My kids love making DIY wreaths that they are able help with or make alone:
We hope you love this egg carton wreath!
What other ideas do you have for using egg cartons? Leave a note in the comments!