This Egg Carton Flower Wreath is such a fun and festive way to recycle a household item that would otherwise be tossed out!
DIY wreaths are a beautiful spring craft to make with your children, especially on a day when it’s too cold or wet to play outside.
Between your fridge and your craft supplies, you may already have everything you need to make this!
Egg Carton Flower Wreath
This post contains affiliate links.
Here’s what you need to make an Egg Carton Flower Wreath:
- Start by cutting the egg carton into individual pieces. Cut a slit at each corner and fold back the sides. This will create the “flower petals”.
- Paint each flower your choice of color and set aside to dry.
- Cut the middle out of the paper plate. If you had to cut the edge of the paper plate in order to cut out the middle, you can staple it back together.
- Glue the painted flowers around the edge of the wreath, and tie a piece of ribbon for a bow!
How cute is that? What a delightful craft to display on a wall in your home this spring!
You can even make your own paint to use when crafting this wreath.
More Egg Carton Crafts
I love when I can combine recycling with crafting! It’s a great way to teach kids by leading, as you try to find a second use for an item you might normally discard. Here are a few more fun recycled and upcycled craft ideas:
- 50 Amazing Egg Carton Crafts
- Cereal Box Robot
- Recycled Bottle Hummingbird Feeder
- DIY Recycled Frisbee
Spring Flower Crafts for Kids
The best part of spring is the beautiful flower show it puts on! Some of my kids’ favorite crafts are flower crafts. There is just something so magical about them! I love that you can use any medium you want to create a floral masterpiece. Here are some of our favorite flower crafts and printables for kids:
- Printable Spring Flower Coloring Craft
- Cupcake Liner Flower Craft For Kids
- 10 Ways To Make Flowers With Preschoolers
- Felt Button Flower Magnets
DIY Wreath Ideas
Wreaths are the best way to decorate your door. They are such a cheap and easy way to decorate your house, and also super fun to make! My kids love making DIY wreaths that they are able to make alone, like these ideas below, but they also like helping me make more involved wreaths. It’s a great family activity!
We hope you love this egg carton wreath! What other ideas do you have for using egg cartons? Leave a note in the comments!