Pika Pikaaa… We have a Pokémon how-to-draw tutorial that will make every boy and girl excited! Grab a piece of paper and let’s learn how to draw Pikachu with 9 easy steps. Yay!
Our free Pikachu drawing tutorial includes three pages with detailed steps on how to draw one of the most beloved Pokémon – it’s a perfect activity for kids of all ages. So let’s get started!
Learning how to draw Pikachu step by step
I love Pokémon. It was a big part of my childhood and it still is part of my daily life (thanks Pokémon Go for helping me become more active!) and I know many kids still love watching the Pokémon cartoons and playing the Pokémon video games.
If your kid is one of us Pokémon fans, then they’re going to love learning how to draw Pikachu!
Easy steps to draw Pikachu for kids
Follow this easy how to draw Pikachu step-by-step tutorial and you will be drawing your own in no time!
- Let’s start! First, draw two overlapping ovals.
- Connect them by the sides with a curved line, and erase extra lines.
- Draw the ears. Notice the little curved line inside them!
- Draw two ovals.
- Connect them to each other and to the head using curved lines. Erase extra lines.
- Add two little tilted ovals and zig-zag lines to create the tail.
- Draw the arms using curved lines – pay attention to Pikachu’s fingers!
- Let’s add details: use circles to create the eyes and cheeks, a tiny triangle for the nose, and curved lines for the mouth and toes.
- Well done! Your Pikachu looks great!
Good job! Now give your Pikachu some color with your favorite crayons or coloring pencils!
More How To Draw
Need coloring supplies? Here are some kid favorites:
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
You can find LOADS of super fun coloring pages for kids & adults here. Have fun!
More drawing fun from Kids Activities Blog
- How to draw a leaf – use this step-by-step instruction set for making your own beautiful leaf drawing
- How to draw an elephant – this is an easy tutorial on drawing a flower
- How to draw Pikachu – OK, this is one of my favorites! Make your own easy Pikachu drawing
- How to draw a panda – Make your own cute pig drawing by following these instructions
- How to draw a turkey – kids can make their own tree drawing by following along these printable steps
- How to draw Sonic the Hedgehog – simple steps to making a Sonic the Hedgehog drawing
- How to draw a fox – make a beautiful fox drawing with this drawing tutorial
- How to draw a turtle– easy steps for making a turtle drawing
- See all of our printable tutorials on how to draw <–by clicking here!
Discover even more How to Draw activity resources
The Big Drawing Book
By following the very simple step-by-steps in this fun drawing book you can draw dolphins diving in the sea, knights guarding a castle, monster faces, buzzing bees, and lots, lots more.
Drawing Doodling and Coloring
An excellent book filled with doodling, drawing and coloring activities. On some of the pages you’ll find ideas for what to do, but you can do whatever you like.
Write and Draw Your Own Comics
Write and Draw Your Own Comics is full of inspiring ideas for all kinds of different stories, with writing tips to help you on your way. for kids who want to tell stories, but gravitate toward pictures. It has a mix of partially-drawn comics and blank panels with intro comics as instructions – lots of space for kids to draw their own comics!