First day of school pictures are so special. I’ll never forget that first day back to school, posing for my mom with my new backpack and special outfit, waiting for the bus. And I cherish the chance to capture all of that first day excitement with my own kids. Here at Kids Activities Blog we’ve put together an awesome round up of super cute first day of school photo ideas. From basic tips to free printables, this year your first day pictures are going to be extra adorable!
I love this idea of the holding a photo from last year by Seven Thirty Three, kids change so much!
Little chalkboards with the grades written on them like these from Simple Little Home make for a super cute first day shot.
Have a few kids? Lining them up by height makes for a great photo.
Our favorite learning program is on sale! You can try it out with 2 months for only $5!
These free printable grade signs are a great way to capture that first day.
How about dressing your kids in the same thing for the first and last day of school? I love this idea by Buzzmills.
Use a photo editing app to add special details about your little one like this one from Kids Stuff World.
Chalkboard bubbles are another way to get your kiddos interests in the photo.
How about catching some candid shots at school? Simple as That has tons of great tips for professional quality first day photos.
Get your first month of Adventure Academy for FREE!
I Heart Nap Time has a great set of free printable grade signs.
I also love these over-sized free printable signs by Goober Monkey.
Writing out the grade in sidewalk chalk makes for a very cute photo like this one by School Time Snippets.
Want to make sure you’ve got all the special back to school moments? Check out this photo checklist by Simple as That.
Once those photos are printed how about an adorable chalkboard frame?
Of maybe make a frame your kid can pose with like this one by Mom Always Finds Out.
How about using those pics in a super cute school bus craft like this one for No Time For Flash Cards?
With these great ideas I just know your first day of school photos are going to be extra special!
Looking for more back to school inspiration? Check out Over 30 Great Back to School Printables!
Want More Back To School Ideas?:
- Check out these first day of school traditions to make your child’s day more memorable.
- Here’s what to do before the first day of school.
- Your child will love these great first day of school crafts.
- Help keep your child healthy with these super cute crayola face masks.
- Never get hungry with these back to school dinner ideas.
- Make mornings simple with these easy breakfast back to school ideas.
- Kid approved first day of school lunch ideas.
- The big question every parent is asking this fall; when does back to school shopping start?
- Keep your child’s allergies in check with nut free school lunch ideas.
- Get creative with these sandwich free lunch ideas.
- These cute felt apple bookmarks make a great teacher’s gifts.
- Surprise your teacher with this back to school pencil vase.
- These 5 ideas will make breakfast for school mornings a little easier.
- Stay on track with this homeschooling kindergarten schedule.
- How long should you read to your child everyday?
- Check out these fun educational science activities for kids.
- These homemade science toys will help your child find their love of science.