If you are anything like me, you will want to check out this easy apple tree craft because every single autumn I seem to get obsessed with apples! It’s the perfect craft for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners learning to count.
Paper Plate Apple Tree Craft with Pom Poms
Grab some common household items that you likely already have and let’s make a cute apple tree! Don’t be afraid to substitute what craft supplies you already have on hand. Who needs the hassle of running to the craft store?
Supplies to make this craft:
(affiliate links are included in this post)
- Green paint
- Paint brush
- White paper plate
- Brown and black construction paper
- Red and green pom poms
After gathering supplies, paint the white paper plate, green.
When the paint is dry, invite children to glue the colorful pom poms onto the plate. Allow the glue to dry completely before moving on to the next step.
Show children how to draw the shape of a tree trunk onto the brown paper. Glue the tree trunk to the back of the paper plate. Next, cut a black oval from paper then glue it to the tree trunk.
Apple Tree Craft for Kindergarten
Add an academic twist to this cute craft by writing a number on the black oval on the trunk of the tree. Invite children to add the same number of apples to the green leaves. Take it further by practicing addition! Little hands will have fun adding red apples and green apples together.
Apple Tree Facts for Preschoolers & More
When I was researching some fun apple facts, it was funny how much I learned. Here are some of the interesting things you might not know about apple trees:
- 2500 types of apples are grown in the United States
- The only apple that is native to the United States is the crabapple!
- The study of apple growing is pomology which I find awesome since this apple craft is full of pom poms.
- The average American consumes over 45 pounds of apples and apple products each year! That is more than a bushel.
Craft an Apple Orchard
Make more than one tree. Easy and fun, kids of all ages will love creating an orchard of beautiful apple trees!
What a great craft to make during your apple unit or to accompany fabulous Fall books.
Did your family enjoy making this craft? Let us know in the comments!
More Paper Plate Crafts:
- Make these super adorable pom pom friends!
- Is your child an animal lover? They’ll love these paper plate animals then.
- These bird crafts are so “tweet.”
- Learn how to make dream catchers for your room to keep the bad dreams away!
- Dive in with this paper plate shark craft.
- You’ll have a howling good time with this paper plate dog craft.
- Take your time crafting this snail plate craft!
- Check out the rest of our crafts using paper plates.
- Want more? We have plenty of paper plate crafts for kids!
- You’ll have a soaring good time making these paper plate birds!
- This paper plate bat craft will make you batty!
- Make a splash with this paper plate fish.
- If your child loves the ‘Despicable Me’ series then they will love these minions arts and crafts.
- Shine with your creativity with this sun craft.
- This giraffe craft won’t take too long to make!
- Looking for more activities? We have plenty printable papercrafts for everyone.