Let’s chat Earth Day food ideas! We have a great way to celebrate Mother Earth with “green” food which seems to be the ultimate Earth Day theme. Have fun with these 5 Yummy Green Earth Day Recipes that the entire family will enjoy.
Easy Earth Day Food Ideas
What a treat! Let’s ponder care of the earth in between a trip to clean up the local park, singing Earth Day songs, cleaning up around the yard, hitting a local trail, shopping the local farmer’s market and so many other Earth Day activities over some yummy green food. These easy earth day food ideas make the perfect Earth Day menu for your family.
Pssst…you can eat these yummy food ideas year round!
Related: Don’t miss our big list of earth day activities for the entire family
Here are some easy and fun ways to eat GREEN!
This post contains affiliate links.
Family Friendly Earth Day Recipes
1. Earth Day Green Smoothie Recipe
This Green Smoothie recipe doesn’t just show support for Earth day, it also helps you detoxify your body and keep you healthy. It’s also great to make one whenever you need it.
Ingredients Needed To Make Green Smoothie:
- 4 Kale Leaves (remove center)
- 1/2 cup Parsley
- A cup of Frozen Strawberries
- 1 Banana, cut into slices
- A cup of Water
How To Make Green Smoothies:
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth.
- Add ice if you want it a little colder!
- Serve in a clear glass so you can see the green color.
2. Earth Day Kale Salad with Lemon Dressing Recipe
Here’s the thing: kale is just so full of fantastic nutrients. Infused with lemon and sliced almonds, you’ll get a super-powerful salad combination!
Head on over to the New York Times Cooking page for more about this delicious recipe!
Ingredients Needed To Make Earth Day Kale Salad:
- 2 cups Sliced Almonds
- 1/3 cup Lemon Juice (using 2-4 lemons)
- 1 1/2 cups Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic, peeled but left whole
- 10 oz. Kale leaves (stems removed)
- 1 1/2 cups Grated Parmesan Cheese
How To Make Earth Day Kale Salad:
- In a toaster oven, toast almonds until golden brown, and then set aside.
- Then, in a jar or bowl, combine lemon juice with 1 teaspoon of salt. Whisk in the olive oil, add garlic cloves, and then set aside.
- Cut kale into strips, and put in a large bowl.
- Remove cloves from dressing and pour the dressing over the salad.
- Mix together, add more dressing if needed.
3. Green Pizza Recipe for Earth Day
Since Pizza is a favorite food, turning it green is a wonderful thing to do on Earth day. Don’t worry, it’s so good and healthy too.
Ingredients Needed To Make Green Pizza:
- 1 Pizza Dough crust
- 2 3/4 oz. Fresh Mozzarella, sliced
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 oz Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Baby Arugula
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
How To Make Green Pizza:
- Start by following the instructions to prepare the pizza crust.
- After the crust is cooked about 3/4 of the way through, top with the slices of mozzarella.
- Then, drizzle with olive oil, a pinch of salt, and the Parmesan cheese.
- Put back in oven for 5-8 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
- While in the oven, put the arugula in a bowl, and then add a splash of olive oil, a pinch of salt, and lemon juice, and then mix.
- When pizza is done, top with the arugula mixture, and then serve.
4. Earth Day Avocado Toast with Strawberries and Honey Recipe
If you’ve got a sweet tooth and thinking of a treat for Earth Day, this is the answer! It’s organic, sweet, fruity, and just perfect.
This is something really fresh about avocados and making avocado toast is definitely a way to eat green. Burnt Macaroni‘s Avocado Toast with Strawberries and Honey is a quick and easy breakfast recipe.
Ingredients Needed to Make Earth Day Avocado Toast:
How to Make Earth Day Avocado Toast:
- Toast bread in toaster
- Smash avocado with fork and add to top of toast
- Place slices of strawberries on top
- Drizzle with honey
5. Green Earth Day Ice Cream Recipe
Green Earth day ice cream recipe is perfect for the family. It’s outrageously easy to make too!
Ingredients Needed To Make Earth Day Ice Cream:
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- A Banana (frozen in chunks)
- 1/2 cup Milk
- An Avocado
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- A cup of Ice Cubes
Head on over to Averie Cooks for this healthy ice cream recipe!
Celebrate Earth Day with Kids
- Need an Earth Day dessert or snack? We have the best Earth Day treats!
- Earth printable – more fun coloring pages you can download & print.
- Make an Earth Day collage.
- Make Earth Day cupcakes!
- Check our our wasteful activities – ways to teach kids not to be wasteful.
- More things to do on Mother Earth Day
- And check out our globe coloring pages for kids!
- Make a container greenhouse.
- Let’s make Earth Day crafts together like this paper tree craft
- And a whole bunch more ideas for green food!
Which recipe are you making for Earth Day?