This is the time of year when we celebrate our planet and share ideas on how to take care of the earth. So why not celebrate “green” food with these 5 Yummy Green Earth Day Recipes.
5 Yummy Green Earth Day Recipes
This post contains affiliate links.
Green Smoothie Earth Day Recipe
- 4 Kale Leaves (remove center)
- 1/2 cup Parsley
- A cup of Frozen Strawberries
- 1 Banana, cut into slices
- A cup of Water
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth. Add ice if you want it a little colder!
Kale Salad with Lemon Dressing
- 2 cups Sliced Almonds
- 1/3 cup Lemon Juice (using 2-4 lemons)
- 1 1/2 cups Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic, peeled but left whole
- 10 oz. Kale leaves (stems removed)
- 1 1/2 cups Grated Parmesan Cheese
- In a toaster oven, toast almonds until golden brown, and then set aside.
- Then, in a jar or bowl, combine lemon juice with 1 teaspoon of salt. Whisk in the olive oil, add garlic cloves, and then set aside.
- Cut kale into strips, and put in a large bowl.
- Remove cloves from dressing and pour the dressing over the salad.
- Mix together, add more dressing if needed.
Head on over to the New York Times Cooking page for this delicious recipe!
Green Pizza Recipe for Earth Day
- 1 Pizza Dough crust
- 2 3/4 oz. Fresh Mozzarella, sliced
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 oz Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Baby Arugula
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- Start by following the instructions to prepare the pizza crust.
- After the crust is cooked about 3/4 of the way through, top with the slices of mozzarella.
- Then, drizzle with olive oil, a pinch of salt, and the Parmesan cheese.
- Put back in oven for 5-8 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
- While in the oven, put the arugula in a bowl, and then add a splash of olive oil, a pinch of salt, and lemon juice, and then mix.
- When pizza is done, top with the arugula mixture, and then serve.
Avocado Toast with Strawberries and Honey
This is something really fresh about avocados and making avocado toast is definitely a way to eat green. Burnt Macaroni‘s Avocado Toast with Strawberries and Honey is a quick and easy breakfast recipe.
Avocado Ice Cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- A Banana (frozen in chunks)
- 1/2 cup Milk
- An Avocado
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- A cup of Ice Cubes
Head on over to Averie Cooks for this healthy ice cream recipe!
Some of Our Favorite Kitchen Products
One of our favorite parts of cooking, is playing with new kitchen gadgets! Here are some of our must-have items, which would also make wonderful holiday gifts for the foodies on your list!
- Fresh Baby Ice Cube Trays with lids
- The I Heart Naptime Cookbook by Jamielyn Nye
- Individual Popcorn bowls
- VillaWare Uno Classic Waffle Maker
- Giant Popcorn bowl
- VillaWare Farmyard Waffle Maker
- Taco Holder
- Pizza Peel
- Hand Blender
- Pizza Wheel (cutter)
- Pyrex Baking Dishes
- Pizza Stone
- Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Double Burner Reversible Grill/Griddle
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and Cover
- BPA free lunch containers
- Egg Rite Egg Timer
- Fit and Fresh container
- One Touch Electric Bottle Opener
- Half Pint Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Ninja Professional Blender
- Zoku Quick Pop Maker
- Plano Half-Size Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers – for road trip snacks
- Curious Chef 3-Piece Nylon Knife Set
- Cuisinart 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker
- Victorinox Fibrox Straight Edge Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
- Lemon Squeezer
- Mason Jars
- Apple Corer
- Popcorn Bowl
- MaxiMatic double burner hot plate
- Glass Egg carton
- Black & Decker 4 slice toaster
- Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer
- Meat Mallet
- Ice Cream or Cookie Scooper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- 3-Piece Veggie Peeler
- Garlic Press
How to Celebrate Earth Day with Kids
- Earth Day Activities
- 5 Earth Day Treats Kids Will Love!
- Earth Day Crafts for Kids
- Free Printable Earth Day Place Mats
- Earth Day Coloring Pages
How do you celebrate Earth Day? Comment below!