Let’s celebrate Mother Earth with some Earth Day snacks & Earth Day treats!
Earth Day is upon us and one wonderful way to get the conversation started with your kids is through food. Those conversations around how to make the earth a better place can happen over these 5 Earth Day Treats Kids Will Love!
Earth Day Treats & Snacks
When food is involved, my kids are all in! These 5 Earth Day Treats Kids Will Love are the perfect activities to set the stage for talking and learning. I love discussing the meaning of holidays with my kids as we celebrate! We all learn something, and it gives us wonderful memories.
Related: Check out our big list of Earth Day activities for the entire family
The kitchen is the best place for meaningful conversation! As you bake these yummy Earth Day Treats, talk with your kids about Earth Day, and how important conservation is. Ask them what they love most about nature!
This article contains affiliate links.
Video: How To Make Delicious Earth Day Treats
Want to see how some of these fun treats are made? Then check out this video and watch how this great Earth day recipe is made! You won’t want to miss out on these delicious recipes.
1. Earth Day Dirt Pudding With Worms
This is one of my favorite recipes! I remember my teacher in the first grade making this for us many years ago. But it is also a fun recipe for Earth Day.
Well, because people don’t seem to realize how important Earthworms are! Earthworms burrowing help plants root deeper, provide food for the ecosystem, and break down organic material which is great for the soil! I actually like this better than dirt cakes and it is easy for little hands to make.
Ingredients Needed To Make Dirt Pudding With Worms Dessert:
How To Make Dirt Pudding With Worms:
- Follow the instructions on the box to prepare the chocolate pudding.
- Combine the chocolate pudding with a scoop of whipped cream, depending how light you want the dirt. (This is optional!)
- Next, crush about 10-15 Oreo cookies in a plastic bag.
- Start layering the chocolate pudding and Oreos in a clear plastic cup. Save some of the Oreos for the top layer of “dirt”.
- Finally, add the gummy worms on top!
2. Easy Earth Day Cake
These cupcakes are simple and delicious, and yet the blue frosting reminds us of the vast ocean whereas the green reminds us of the land.
Both of which are very important to take care of!
Ingredients Needed To Make These Earth Cupcakes:
- White cake mix (You will also need eggs, oil, and water–I mistakenly used vanilla, so my colors were off)
- Vanilla frosting
- Blue and Green natural food coloring
How To Make Earth Cupcakes:
- First, follow the instructions to make the vanilla cake mix.
- Next, separate the cake batter into two separate bowls.
- Add several drops of blue food coloring to one bowl, and several drops of green to the other bowl, then mix.
- Scoop out a little of the blue mix and green mix into a cupcake liner,
- Bake the cupcakes, according to the instructions on the cake mix box.
- In the meantime, in a separate bowl, scoop out vanilla frosting. Add several drops of green food coloring, and then mix.
- For the final step, add the frosting to each cupcake when cooled!
3. Yummy Earth Day Popcorn
This popcorn is gooey and sweet! It is the perfect snack and kind of reminds me of kettle corn, but with a fruity flavor to it.
This green popcorn is a great Earth day snack. It’s green like the outside world around us. It can represent the grass, trees, bushes, moss, or can be a simple reminder that we need to go green to protect our planet.
Ingredients Needed To Make Earth Day Popcorn Snack:
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 5 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 package Lemon-Lime Kool-Aid
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
How To Make Earth Day Popcorn Snack:
- First, preheat your oven to 225 degrees.
- After you do that, melt butter, corn syrup, and sugar together in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Remove from heat, add Kool-Aid, baking soda, green food coloring, and mix.
- Next, pour over your popcorn and mix together.
- Spread popcorn out on a baking sheet, and place in the oven for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Cool and break into pieces before eating.
Want to see the cutest way to serve this Earth popcorn? Simple as That has super cute ideas!
4. Easy Earth Day Snacks
These are the cutest! Plus, they double not only as of the perfect Earth Day snack for preschoolers but are also a fun Earth day idea for kindergarten kids as they’re a little better at following directions.
But you have the ground as represented by the Oreos and a tree! Trees are so important as they provide us with oxygen, fruit, nuts, herbs like cinnamon, and provide us shade on a hot day!
Ingredients Needed To Make This Easy Earth Day Snack:
How To Make This Easy Earth Day Snack:
- In order to get started, crush about (20) Oreos in a plastic bag.
- Next, place the Oreos in a clear plastic cup (to act as the dirt).
- Once the cups have dirt in them, cut the marshmallow in half, and add a pretzel stick to the bottom.
- Dip the marshmallow in water, and then in the green sprinkles.
- The final step is to stick the tree into the Oreo dirt.
5. Earth Day Green Smoothie Recipe
Snacks and treats are great, but sometimes we need healthy food in our lives too. Going green doesn’t just mean recycling.
Rather, we can go green too and eat more fruits and veggies. In order to take care of the world, we have to be able to take care of ourselves so we have the energy to keep making our Earth a better place for everyone.
Ingredients To Make This Delicious Green Smoothie:
- 1 Cup Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Coconut Water
- 1 Cup Frozen Mangos
- 2 Bananas
- 1 Cup Frozen Strawberries
- 2 Cups Kale
How To Make A Green Smoothie:
- First, add the water and yogurt into a blender.
- Next, add the mango, strawberries, banana, and kale.
- Blend, pour, and enjoy!
Earth Day Celebration
Earth day is April 22 which is also the day of the spring equinox. Earth day is the day we celebrate planet Earth!
- The first Earth Day was celebrated in 1970.
- Some people even consider April Earth month. Earth month was actually founded in 1970 as well.
- Want to know more? Check out Earthday.org which is the global organizer of Earth day.
While Earth day snacks, Earth day treats, and other Earth day recipes are a great way to celebrate Earth day, there are many different ways to have a great Earth day celebration.
- Try cleaning up outdoor spaces like parks together.
- Find ways to curb greenhouse gas emissions.
- Look at the easy ways to take care of our Earth–like recycling.
- Create your own food systems at home like growing your own food using healthy farming techniques.
- Prevent food waste by reusing leftovers. Small things make a big difference.
More Ways To Celebrate Earth Day With Kids
There are many fun ways to honor the Earth and celebrate Earth Day! As you wait for your Earth Day treats to bake, plan put what you will do next:
- Plant a garden, or a kitchen herb garden.
- Add a new spin to the gratitude jar, and use Mod Podge to apply dried leaves and twigs to the outside of a jar. Next, write down different things you can do to help the planet, such as: conserving electricity by turning lights off when you aren’t in the room, turning water off while brushing teeth, picking up trash in the neighborhood, and holding a lemonade stand, and donating proceeds to your favorite eco-conscious charity!
- There are also tons of fun Earth Day crafts and recycled crafts that you can make together.
- Go to the library and borrow books about the planet and recycling. If the library is close enough, walk or ride bikes to reduce your carbon footprint.
FAVORITE EARTH DAY ACTIVITIES from Kids Activities Blog
- Go green with these 5 Yummy Green Dishes For Earth Day .
- Understanding the weather and our atmosphere is important as well. We can show you how to Teach Your Kids About Earth’s Atmosphere.
- Learn how to make a mini greenhouse with a recycled food container!
- Get outside and pick some flowers and foliage to make this beautiful flower collage!
- Make mini ecosystems with these terrariums!
- While trying to make the world a better place, we have some awesome garden ideas for kids to make it a little easier.
- Looking for more Earth Day ideas? We have so many to choose from!
What is your favorite Earth Day snack or treat?