Are you already getting stressed over finding dinner ideas for when the kids go back to school? I know I am! Check out these 5 Easy Back to School Dinner Ideas!
5 Easy Back to School Dinner Ideas
This post contains affiliate links.
If there’s one meal we all love it’s lasagna! But I don’t love making it, as it can be pretty overwhelming. This recipe for One-Pan Lasagna makes it so much easier!
Homemade Fried Rice
Another one-pan meal that is perfect for a school night meal is Burnt Macaroni‘s Homemade Fried Rice. It’s even easier if you make the rice ahead of time! You can also add some shredded cooked chicken to the fried rice for a complete meal.
- 1 pound Ground Beef, browned
- Shredded Cheese
- Flour Tortillas or Crispy Tacos Shells
- Burnt Macaroni‘s Homemade Taco Seasoning (or 1 packet)
- In a large saucepan, brown the ground beef.
- Drain the excess fat. Add 1/2 cup water and 3 tablespoons of taco seasoning.
- Let the water and seasoning absorb into the meat.
- Fill your flour tortillas or taco shells with the taco ingredients.
Homemade Taco Nachos
- Pre-cooked Taco Meat
- Tortilla Chips
- Shredded Cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Add a layer of tortilla chips.
- Next, spoon taco meat on top.
- Finally, top with shredded cheese.
- Put in oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Tomato Feta Salad
Here’s another side to add to any meal. And if you already purchased a cooked roast chicken for the fried rice, you can serve the rest with this Tomato Feta Salad from Burnt Macaroni. It’s super easy!
Some Of Our Favorite Kitchen Products
If cooking is your favorite hobby, you need to try some of these fun kitchen gadgets:
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and Cover
- BPA free lunch containers
- Egg Rite Egg Timer
- Fit and Fresh container
- One Touch Electric Bottle Opener
- Half Pint Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Ninja Professional Blender
- Zoku Quick Pop Maker
- Williams-Sonoma Open Kitchen Half Apron in Red or Blue
- Plano Half-Size Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers – for road trip snacks
- Curious Chef 3-Piece Nylon Knife Set
- Cuisinart 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker
- Victorinox Fibrox Straight Edge Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
- Lemon Squeezer
- Mason Jars
- Apple Corer
- Popcorn Bowl
- MaxiMatic double burner hot plate
- Glass Egg carton
- Black & Decker 4 slice toaster
- Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer
- Cuisinart 8-cup Food Processor
- Meat Mallet
- Ice Cream or Cookie Scooper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- 3-Piece Veggie Peeler
- Garlic Press
Back to School Recipes and Hacks
- 5 Back to School Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Back to School Tips Every Mom Should Know
- 5 Meatless and Nut-Free back to School Lunch Ideas
- When to Start back to School Shopping
What’s your favorite dinner to make when you don’t have a ton of time? Comment below!