Getting everyone out the door and feeding them a healthy breakfast can be a challenge during work or school week! We have a solution! Try these 5 Breakfasts That Will Make You Love School Mornings!
simple Breakfast Ideas for School Mornings
I don’t know how it is in your house, but most school mornings we are all running around like chickens with their heads cut off, trying to get everyone out the door on time.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so I try to serve the healthiest breakfasts I can. Here are some quick and healthy breakfast recipes for when you are short on time!
This article contains affiliate links.
1. Waffles with Nutella Recipe
There is no other way to start your mornings but with this yummy and simple breakfast idea!
Ingredients Needed To Make Waffles With Nutella Recipe
- Frozen or Homemade Waffles
- Strawberries, cut into thin slices
How To Make Waffles With Nutella Recipe
- Prepare frozen or homemade waffles.
- Spread a layer of Nutella on the waffles.
- Add slices of strawberries on top of the Nutella.
2. Breakfast Toast Recipe
If time isn’t on your side one breakfast morning, this toast recipe is your go-to. Very quick to make yet another healthy option!
Ingredients Needed To Make Breakfast Toast Recipe
How To Make Breakfast Toast Recipe
- Toast bread in toaster or oven.
- Add a layer of ricotta cheese to the bread.
- Add slices of pears.
- Drizzle honey on top.
3. Avocado Toast with Strawberry Recipe
This toast isn’t just time-friendly to prepare. It’s absolutely delicious and nutritious!
Ingredients Needed To Make Avocado Toast With Strawberry Recipe
- Wheat bread, sliced
- Avocado, smashed
- Strawberries, sliced
- Balsamic Vinegar for drizzling
How To Make Avocado Toast with Strawberry Recipe
- Toast the bread in a toaster or oven.
- Smash the avocado and spread it on toast.
- Next, add the sliced strawberries.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar on top.
4. Yogurt Banana Popsicles Recipe
If you make these for an afternoon snack, place the Yogurt Banana Popsicles on a piece of parchment paper and put them in the freezer for up to 2 hours to freeze the yogurt.
Ingredients Needed To Make Yogurt Banana Popsicles Recipe
How To Make Yogurt Banana Popsicles Recipe
- Cut the bananas in half.
- Next, place the popsicle stick inside the flat side of the banana.
- Dip the tip of the banana in strawberry yogurt.
- Dip the yogurt side into the granola.
5. Breakfast Burritos Recipe
The best time to eat like a king is during breakfast! And Breakfast Burritos is the key!
Ingredients Needed To Make Breakfast Burritos Recipe
- Black Forest Ham (sandwich sliced), chopped
- Mexican Cheese, shredded
- Flour Tortillas
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
How To Make Breakfast Burritos Recipe
- In a pan, heat up chopped ham, and then set aside.
- Scramble the eggs in the same pan. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, to taste.
- Next, add ham to the eggs.
- In a separate pan, warm up the flour tortillas.
- Add egg and ham mixture to the flour tortillas.
- Next, sprinkle shredded cheese.
- Spread salsa on top of burrito, or use for dipping.
Tips for Quick and Healthy School Morning Breakfasts
- My number one tip is to plan ahead! If I don’t meal prep and meal plan, it all goes down the drain! Before the school year begins, we have a brief family meeting, discussing our favorite meals (this way I am not wasting time and resources making meals no one will eat!).
- I try to make different things that I can freeze (like egg and veggie “omelet muffins”, smoothies, muffins, overnight oats, and homemade granola that I store in the fridge to serve over yogurt with berries).
- Set everything out the night before so that you have more time to sit down and enjoy your first meal of the day with your family before everyone heads out into the world.
- Don’t beat yourself up if you don’t have time to sit down for breakfast every day! Sometimes, it’s just not realistic to try and cram it into an already hectic morning. Focus on what you can control and the times that you can do it–like weekends!
What is your favorite quick and healthy breakfast for a busy school/ work week? Comment below!