Sandwich-free lunches are “The Thing” right now! Lunches without a traditional sandwich can sometimes be a little more challenging to put together. Check out these 5 Sandwich-Free Back to School Lunch Ideas your kiddos will love!
5 Sandwich-Free Back to School Lunch Ideas
This post contains affiliate links.
Your kids will love helping you put together these yummy sandwich-free lunches! My daughter’s favorite part is filling these handy silicone baking cups with her favorite snacks and treats!
Lunch 1 – Pasta Salad
- Pasta Shells
- Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- Cheddar Cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- Follow instructions for cooking the pasta, and then let it cool.
- Combine the pasta, pepperoni, tomatoes, and cheddar cheese.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together oil, parmesan cheese, vinegar, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add the dressing to the pasta and mix well.
- Keep in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
Serve the pasta salad with melon, cauliflower, and pudding!
Lunch 2- Peanut Butter & Jelly Rolls
- Save a trip to the grocery store by ordering everything you need with a FREE trial of Amazon Prime!
- Make tiny sandwich sticks, using bread and peanut butter, or any other sandwich favorite!
- Fill silicone baking cups with carrots, jelly, or any other snacks you prefer!
Lunch 3 – Pimento Cheese & Turkey Rolls
- Make wraps with the flour tortillas, turkey, pimento cheese, and/ or anything else you prefer.
- Use silicone (or regular) baking cups to keep the pretzels and chocolate chips in place.
Lunch 4 – Cubed Cheddar Cheese
- Place each of the items listed above in their own compartments of a lunch box. We love using bento boxes, along with the silicone baking cups, to keep everything in place!
Lunch 5 – Ham Rolls with Cream Cheese
- Cream Cheese, softened
- Ham Slices
- Smores’ Trail Mix (marshmallows, chocolate chips, and Teddy Grahams)
- Place each item in its own compartment of your child’s lunchbox. These EasyLunchBoxes containers are awesome! They perfectly fit into a standard size lunch box, plus you can put them in the dishwasher!
Some Of Our Favorite Kitchen Products
There’s nothing that we love more than new toys for the kitchen! Here are some of our must-haves:
- Fresh Baby Ice Cube Trays with lids
- Cuisinart Food Processor
- The I Heart Naptime Cookbook by Jamielyn Nye
- Giant Popcorn bowl
- Individual Popcorn bowls
- VillaWare Uno Classic Waffle Maker
- VillaWare Farmyard Waffle Maker
- Taco Holder
- Pyrex Baking Dishes
- Pizza Peel
- Hand Blender
- Pizza Wheel (cutter)
- Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Double Burner Reversible Grill/Griddle
- Pizza Stone
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and Cover
- BPA free lunch containers
- Egg Rite Egg Timer
- Fit and Fresh container
- One Touch Electric Bottle Opener
- Half Pint Wide Mouth Mason Jars
- Ninja Professional Blender
- Zoku Quick Pop Maker
- Williams-Sonoma Open Kitchen Half Apron in Red or Blue
- Plano Half-Size Stowaway with Adjustable Dividers – for road trip snacks
- Curious Chef 3-Piece Nylon Knife Set
- Cuisinart 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker
- Victorinox Fibrox Straight Edge Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch
- Lemon Squeezer
- Mason Jars
- Apple Corer
- Popcorn Bowl
- MaxiMatic double burner hot plate
- Glass Egg carton
- Black & Decker 4 slice toaster
- Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer
- Cuisinart 8-cup Food Processor
- Meat Mallet
- Ice Cream or Cookie Scooper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- Norpro Butter Keeper
- 3-Piece Veggie Peeler
- Garlic Press
More Back to School Lunch Inspiration
- 15 Back to School Lunch Ideas
- 5 Kid Recipes That will help Feed Their Brains
- Back to School Lunch Ideas
- 5 Meatless and Nut-Free Back to School Lunch Ideas
What is your child’s favorite sandwich-less lunch? Comment below!