5 Delicious Sandwich-Free Back to School Lunch Recipes Ideas
Sandwich-free lunches are “The Thing” right now! Lunches without a traditional sandwich can sometimes be a little more challenging to put together. Check out these 5 Sandwich-Free Back to School Lunch Ideas your kiddos will love!
Delicious Sandwich-Free Back to School Lunch Recipes
Your kids will love helping you put together these yummy sandwich-free lunches! My daughter’s favorite part is filling these handy silicone baking cups with her favorite snacks and treats!
This article contains affiliate links.
1. Pasta Salad Lunch Recipe
The kids will love this! Serve the pasta salad with melon, cauliflower, and pudding!
Ingredients Needed to Make Pasta Salad Recipe
- Pasta shells
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cheddar cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
How to Make Pasta Salad Recipe
- Follow instructions for cooking the pasta, and then let it cool.
- Combine the pasta, pepperoni, tomatoes, and cheddar cheese.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together oil, parmesan cheese, vinegar, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add the dressing to the pasta and mix well.
- Keep in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
2. Peanut Butter & Jelly Rolls Recipe
This lunch recipe is best enjoyed with some slices of green apple, baby carrots, and chocolate!
Ingredients Needed to Make Peanut Butter & Jelly Rolls Recipe
How to Make Peanut Butter & Jelly Rolls Recipe
- Make tiny sandwich sticks, using bread and peanut butter, or any other sandwich favorite!
- Fill silicone baking cups with carrots, jelly, or any other snacks you prefer!
3. Pimento Cheese & Turkey Rolls Recipe
Power up your lunch with a protein packed pimento cheese & turkey rolls!
Ingredients Needed to Make Pimento Cheese & Turkey Rolls Recipe
How to Make Pimento Cheese & Turkey Rolls Recipe
- Make wraps with the flour tortillas, turkey, pimento cheese, and/ or anything else you prefer.
- Use silicone (or regular) baking cups to keep the pretzels and chocolate chips in place.
4. Cubed Cheddar Cheese Recipe
Lunch is more fun to eat if there are a lot of options to choose from!
Ingredients Needed to Make Cubed Cheddar Cheese Recipe
- Cheddar Cheese, cubed
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Apple slices with walnuts
Place each of the items listed above in their own compartments of a lunch box. We love using bento boxes, along with silicone baking cups, to keep everything in place!
5. Ham Rolls with Cream Cheese Recipe
End or start the week with this lunch recipe idea to help the kids win the school week!
Ingredients Needed to Make Ham Rolls with Cream Cheese Recipe
- Cream cheese, softened
- Ham slices
- Smores’ Trail Mix (marshmallows, chocolate chips, and Teddy grahams)
Place each item in its own compartment of your child’s lunchbox.
These EasyLunchBoxes containers are awesome! They perfectly fit into a standard size lunch box, plus you can put them in the dishwasher!
More Back to School Lunch Inspiration recipes from kids activities blog
- 15 Back to School Lunch Ideas
- 5 Kid Recipes That Will Help Feed Their Brains
- 5 Meatless and Nut-Free Back to School Lunch Ideas
- Best Kids Lunch Box Ideas For School
- 15 Super Easy Back to School Lunch Ideas
What is your child’s favorite sandwich-less lunch? Comment below!