Let’s learn how to draw a dog with this easy to follow tutorial. Step by step you’ll learn how to draw the cutest dog. If your kids love puppies as much as we do, they’re going to have so much fun with this drawing tutorial!
We made this three page, nine-step tutorial with kids in mind, so kids of all ages will be drawing their own cute dog in no time!
Create an easy dog drawing
There are so many benefits to learning how to draw a dog – or any other cute animal, for example:
- helps increase imagination
- enhances fine motor and coordination skills
- increases confidence
- plus, art is so much fun to make!
Keep scrolling to get our detailed instructions on how to learn a dog easy tutorial!
Easy steps to draw a dog
What kid doesn’t want to learn how to draw a cute puppy?
Follow these simple instructions to learn how to draw a dog! All you need is a pencil, an eraser, a piece of paper, and your favorite crayons or colored pencils to color it afterward.
Step 1: Let’s start with the head! First, draw an oval.
Step 2: Add a drop-like shape to the right side of the oval. Notice how it’s tilted.
Step 3: Repeat step 2, but on the left side of the oval.
Step 4: Draw a larger drop shape with a slightly flat bottom.
Step 5: Add two half circles at the bottom.
Step 6: Add two arched lines in the middle – these will be our dog’s fluffy paws.
Step 7: Draw a tail, and erase extra lines.
Step 8: Let’s draw our dog’s face! Add ovals for its eyes and nose, and a small W for the snout.
Step 9: That’s it! Add as many details as you want, like spots, or even a collar.
And now you know how to draw a dog – don’t forget to give them some color! You can even draw a family of dogs.
Download How To Draw a Dog Here:
More easy drawing tutorials:
- How to draw a shark easy tutorial for kids who are obsessed with sharks!
- Why not try learning how to draw Baby Shark too?
- You can learn how to draw a skull with this easy tutorial.
- And my favorite: how to draw Baby Yoda tutorial!
Need art supplies? Here are some kid favorites:
This post contains affiliate links.
You can find TONS of awesome coloring pages for kids & adults here. Have fun!
More dog fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Here are some adorable puppy coloring pages perfect for preschoolers.
- Watch this hilarious video of a dog refusing to get out of the pool.
- Of course we have a dog zentangle coloring page in our huge collection!
- These puppy coloring pages are great for kids and adults.
How did your dog drawing turn out?