How to Draw a Dog – Easy Printable Lesson for Kids
Let’s learn how to draw a dog with this easy to follow step by step lesson for kids. Kids of all ages can easily learn how to draw the cutest dog. This printable how to draw a dog tutorial can be used over and over so that kids can practice drawing their own dog at home or in the classroom.
How To Draw A Dog Lesson for Kids
New to drawing? No problem! Today we will teach you how to draw a cartoon dog with front legs out of basic shapes and simple steps. Click the red button to download the dog drawing guide:
This step by step guide with use a few lines. A curved line, straight line, drops, and ovals to create the dog’s body, the dog’s head, dog’s nose, back legs or hind legs, and the dog face.
Easy steps to draw a dog
Follow these simple instructions to learn how to draw a dog! All you need is a pencil, an eraser, a piece of paper, and your favorite crayons or colored pencils to color it afterward.
Let’s start with the head! First, draw an oval.
Add a drop-like shape to the right side of the oval. Notice how it’s tilted.
Repeat step 2, but on the left side of the oval.
Draw a larger drop shape with a slightly flat bottom.
Add two half circles at the bottom.
Add two arched lines in the middle – these will be our dog’s fluffy paws.
Draw a tail, and erase extra lines.
Let’s draw our dog’s face! Add ovals for its eyes and nose, and a small W for the snout.
That’s it! Add as many details as you want, like spots, or even a collar.
And now you know how to draw a dog – don’t forget to give them some color! You can even draw a family of dogs.
Download How To Draw a Dog Step By Step PDF FIle Here
Benefits of Learning to Draw for Kids
There are so many benefits to learning how to draw a dog – or any other cute animal, for example:
- helps increase imagination
- enhances fine motor and coordination skills
- increases confidence
- plus, art is so much fun to make!
More easy drawing tutorials
- How to draw a shark easy tutorial for kids who are obsessed with sharks!
- Why not try learning how to draw Baby Shark too?
- You can learn how to draw a skull with this easy tutorial.
- And my favorite: how to draw Baby Yoda tutorial!
This post contains affiliate links.
Recommended Drawing supplies
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
- Don’t forget a pencil sharpener.
More dog fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Here are some adorable puppy coloring pages perfect for preschoolers.
- Watch this hilarious video of a dog refusing to get out of the pool.
- Of course we have a dog zentangle coloring page in our huge collection!
- These puppy coloring pages are great for kids and adults.
How did your dog drawing turn out?