Learn how to make your own origami dog! This simple paper craft is great for kids of all ages including kids who are in preschool, kindergarteners, and even elementary aged kids. This origami dog is fun to make, budget-friendly, is great fine motor skill practice, plus, you can decorate your origami dog anyway you want! This paper origami dog craft is great whether you’re at home or in the classroom.
Make Your Own OrigamI Dog
We’ve got a fun way to make a dog with simple paper folding. Easy origami patterns like this lets kids explore the traditional Japanese art of paper folding.
This is such a simple project. It does not involve scissors, tape, or glue. All you need is a square sheet of paper (any size) and a few impressive folds. It’s kind of like a puzzle using geometry to create art.
This post contains affiliate links.
Related: We have so many great origami crafts!
Supplies Needed To Make Your Very Own Super Cute Origami Dog
How To Make An Origami Dog
First, fold the paper in half, corner to corner.
On the folded side of the page, turn down each of the corners to form two triangles. These will be the dog’s ears.
Next, fold the big center point under to form the dog’s chin. There you go! Your child has just made a dog by just folding paper into various triangles.
Of course, kids like to add colors and detail so they may want to add spots or googly eyes to their paper dog. You could also use different colored paper if your child wants a black or brown dog.
Our Experience With This Fun and Super Cute Origami Dog Craft
Origami can be much more complex than this but we love easy origami projects like this that even preschoolers can create. It’s a great way for kids to see geometry in action. Plus paper folding is great for building muscles in their fingers and hands that will help them with writing skills later.
- Origami Paper
- Or White Paper
- Crayons, Markers, or Colored Pencils
- First, fold the paper in half, corner to corner.
- On the folded side of the page, turn down each of the corners to form two triangles.
- Next, fold the big center point under to form the dog’s chin.
- Use your crayons to decorate your origami dog!
More Fun Origami Crafts From Kids Activities Blog
We hope your child enjoys this simple way to make a dog. Do you have other ideas for easy origami projects for kids? We’d love to hear about it! For more great kids activities, you might be interested in some of these ideas:
- Fun Christmas origami ideas for kids
- How to fold an envelope with this easy origami step by step tutorial
- Easy origami flowers kids can make
- Paper snowflakes that you can fold
- Ways to make origami wreaths for the holidays
- How to fold paper boxes that make great building blocks
- We love this origami eye that can actually blink too.
- More fun paper crafts for kids!
More Fun Dog Crafts From Kids Activities Blog
- Check out these fun printable dog facts!
- Learn how to draw a dog step by step.
- You can make some DIY braided dog toys!
- Make your own Toy Story slinky dog craft.
- How cute is this paper plate dog craft?
- We have the cutest zentangle dog coloring page.
How did your Origami dog turn out? Did you give him spots?