Do you want to learn how to draw a deer? It’s super easy, and oh so much fun! We are back with another fun animal drawing tutorial for kids! Our tutorial includes three pages with nine detailed steps on how to draw a cute deer. Use this easy deer sketch guide at home or in the classroom!
Make A Deer Drawing Easy For Kids
Get ready for some drawing fun! Our tutorial on how to draw a deer easy steps is a perfect activity for children (and adults!) that love drawing and creating art. In a few easy steps, you’ll learn how to draw the antlers, the cute nose, and the doe eyes. Click the green button to print our how to draw a simple deer printable tutorial before getting started:
Our drawing tutorial is the perfect indoor activity: it’s easy to follow, doesn’t require a lot of preparation, and the result is a beautiful deer sketch.
How To Draw A Deer – Easy
Follow this easy how to draw a cartoon deer step-by-step tutorial and you will be drawing your own cute deer drawings in no time!
Let’s start by drawing our deer’s head; first, draw a circle!
Add a drop shape. Notice the bottom is flatter.
For our deer’s legs, add two arched lines straight down from the middle.
Add a tilted oval on each side. Notice they’re tilted in opposite directions.
Let’s draw the deer’s ears! Add two drop shapes with a curved line in them.
Draw a curved line on each side of the head and an oval on the middle.
Draw the horns – also called antlers. They look so adorable!
Let’s add some details! Draw ovals for the eyes and cheeks, a rounded triangle for the nose, a line coming down from it and a smile.
Congratulate yourself for drawing a cute deer! Hooray! Your deer drawing is all done and it wasn’t hard at all, was it?
Download simple deer drawing lesson pdf file:
This article contains affiliate links.
Recommended Drawing Supplies
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- You will need an eraser!
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
- Don’t forget a pencil sharpener.
You can find LOADS of super fun coloring pages for kids & adults here. Have fun!
More Easy Drawing Lessons For Kids
- How to draw a leaf – use this step-by-step instruction set for making your own beautiful leaf drawing
- How to draw an elephant – this is an easy tutorial on drawing a flower
- How to draw Pikachu – OK, this is one of my favorites! Make your own easy Pikachu drawing
- How to draw a panda – Make your own cute pig drawing by following these instructions
- How to draw a turkey – kids can make their own tree drawing by following along these printable steps
- How to draw Sonic the Hedgehog – simple steps to making a Sonic the Hedgehog drawing
- How to draw a fox – make a beautiful fox drawing with this drawing tutorial
- How to draw a turtle– easy steps for making a turtle drawing
- See all of our printable tutorials on how to draw <–by clicking here!
More Great Books For More Drawing Fun
The Big Drawing Book
By following the very simple step-by-steps in this fun drawing book you can draw dolphins diving in the sea, knights guarding a castle, monster faces, buzzing bees, and lots, lots more.
Drawing Doodling and Coloring
An excellent book filled with doodling, drawing and coloring activities. On some of the pages you’ll find ideas for what to do, but you can do whatever you like.
Write and Draw Your Own Comics
Write and Draw Your Own Comics is full of inspiring ideas for all kinds of different stories, with writing tips to help you on your way. for kids who want to tell stories, but gravitate toward pictures. It has a mix of partially-drawn comics and blank panels with intro comics as instructions – lots of space for kids to draw their own comics!
More Deer Crafts and Activities From Kids Activities Blog:
- Look how sweet this deer craft is!
- Did you know you can use a paper plate to make a deer?
- We also have some great reindeer crafts.
- We even have paper plate reindeer crafts.
How did your deer drawing turn out? Comment below, we’d love to hear from you!