Blowing bubbles to make bubble art is a great way to discuss hyperbolic pressure… or to just enjoy making a mess creating colorful designs with your kiddos. This post has affiliate links.
Blowing Bubbles to Make Art: What You Need
- 1 Tablespoon Dish Soap
- 3 Tablespoons Water
- Water Soluble Food Coloring (10 drops)
- Cardstock Paper (You can use computer paper or construction paper but they disintegrate more when wet).
Directions for Blowing Bubbles to Make Art:
Mix the water and soap with the food coloring. Blow into the solution until bubbles form.
Gently lay your cardstock over the bubbles. As the bubbles pop they will leave an imprint on the paper. Repeat the process until your page is covered.
We used this as a color lesson as well. We originally made three batches, blue, yellow and red. My kids then helped mix blue and yellow or red and blue to create “new colors.”
More Fun Crafts for Kids!
- Animal Paper Plate Crafts
- 16 Cool Galaxy Crafts
- Kids Craft: DIY Bird Feeder
- 15 Gorgeous Washi Tape Crafts
Did you and your children enjoy this bubble art craft? Comment down below! We’d love to hear. Don’t forget to join our Facebook page! @quirkymomma
OTHER ACTIVITIES KIDS LOVE:
- Check out our favorite halloween games.
- You will love playing these 50 science games for kids!
- My kids are obsessed with these active indoor games.
- 5 minute crafts solve boredom every time.
- These fun facts for kids are sure to impress.
- Join one of your kids’ favorite authors or illustrators for online story time!
- Throw a unicorn party… because why not? These ideas are so fun!
- Learn how to make a compass.
- Create an Ash Ketchum costume for play pretend!
- Kids love unicorn slime.