Have you ever made bubble foam? These foaming bubbles are so much fun to make and play with. Kids of all ages will have a blast making this bubble foam. It’s such a fun, budget-friendly, and awesome sensory craft as the bubble foam smells good and is colorful! This bubble foam is perfect for toddlers and preschoolers!
Fun Bubble Foam Craft For Kids
Does your preschooler love foamy bubbles? We are so excited to share this easy recipe for How to Make Foaming Bubbles – our pal Asia has a version that inspired our video on her site Fun at Home with Kids.
How To Make Bubble Foam
This Bubble Foam activity is great for younger kids and older kids. Toddlers, preschoolers, and even kindergarteners will love this fun bubbly activity. It’s so easy to make, a fun sensory activity, and a great way to explore colors. And the best part is, it isn’t expensive so it won’t break your budget! Most of these items you will have already on hand!
This post contains affiliate links.
Video: How To Make Colorful Foaming Bubbles- A Fun Rainbow Sensory Activity
Supplies Needed To Make Foaming Bubbles:
Here’s what you need to make your own foaming bubbles:
How To Make Colorful Foam Bubbles
Add the water, bubble mix, and food coloring to the bowl of a stand mixer and mix on high for 2 minutes.
Add your foaming bubbles to a plastic bin for a fun sensory activity.
You could also add the mixture to a foam soap dispenser to create these bubbles.
We wanted a much larger batch for our sensory bin, though, so the stand mixer worked best.
If you want your bubbles to last longer, add glycerin to the mix! Your bubbles will be even frothier and your kids will be a sticky mess when they are done playing!
Foaming Bubbles Sensory Activity
This foaming bubbles craft and activity is great for sensory exploration! So, what are the benefits of this bubble foam activity? Your kids will be able to:
- Practice Fine Motor Skills
- Practice Hand Eye Coordination
- Explore Cause and Effect
- Explore Imagination Play
- Explore Creativity
- Explore Experimental Play
- Understand How Their Actions Can Effect Their Environment
- Explore Different Textures
- Color Exploration
- Explore Sound and Smell
Lots of benefits to this foaming bubble activity!
Our Experience Making This Fun Bubble Foam
Your kids will have so much fun mixing the different colors of bubbles together. Mine sure did! This can be a fun lesson on color mixing, too.
So this all started in 2010, my kids and I went to the town square where the kids were amazed to have discovered a prank. Some kids (I’m assuming) dumped soap suds into the fountain and there were bubbles everywhere! Since then, we have re-create our own foamy bubbles numerous times. Today with COLOR!
These bubbles are really fun to play with in a sensory bin — make several different colors and have fun mixing them together!
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup bubble mix (or diluted Dish Soap)
- Food coloring
- Add the water, bubble mix, and food coloring to the bowl of a stand mixer and mix on high for 2 minutes.
- Add your foaming bubbles to a plastic bin for a fun sensory activity.
- You could also add the mixture to a foam soap dispenser to create these bubbles.
MORE BUBBLE FUN FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
Making your own homemade bubble solution and blowing bubbles is one of our favorite outdoor activities. The enormous bubbles we made with the above recipe had such good results, we knew we needed to have more bubble fun…
- Looking for regular size bubbles? Here is the absolute best how to make bubbles tutorial on the internet…oh, and it does NOT use glycerin!
- Have you seen this insanely addictive bubble wrap toy? I can’t stop popping bubbles!
- Make frozen bubbles…this is so cool!
- I cannot live another moment without this giant bubble ball. Can you?
- Check out our fun color mixing activities for preschoolers!
- A smoke bubble machine that you can hold in your hand is awesome.
- Make bubble foam in these colorful ways!
- Make bubble art with this bubble painting technique.
- Glow in the dark bubbles are the best kinda bubbles.
- DIY bubble machine is an easy thing to make!
- Have you made bubble solution with sugar?
- Or try this giant bubble recipe!
- Do not miss out on this DIY old school bubble shooter!
How did your bubble foam turn out? Comment below and let us know, we’d love to hear from you!