Bubbles are good but with this giant bubble recipe and giant bubble wand, the fun is gigantic! Both use commonly available supplies, are easy to make and then provide hours of bubble blowing in the wind awesomeness.
My kids love blowing bubbles, so we had to give this giant bubble recipe a try. The giant bubble wand was recreated from a bubble wand that we found at the toy store and the bubble solution recipe is one of our favorites.
How to Make Giant Bubbles
Let’s start with the giant bubble wand! What makes this so effective is that there is a lot of surface area for the bubble solution to adhere to and then let the wind do the rest. I like that even though this item is giant when playing, it takes up very little space in the playroom or garage.
This article contains affiliate links.
DIY Giant Bubble Wand
PVC pipe can easily be found at your local home improvement store or online. I love building toys out of PVC pipe because it is like a large building set!
Supplies Needed for Each Bubble Wand
Directions to Make Giant Bubble Wand
Slide the PVC connector onto the pipe and add the caps to each end.
Tie one end of the yarn to the top of the pipe, then string the washer onto the yarn and thread it through the connector.
Bring the yarn back to the top of the pipe and tie it in place to create a long triangle.
Sliding Bubble Wand Mechanism
The PVC connector will slide up to the top of the wand when placed in the bubble solution, then you can pull it down slowly to open the wand. Once a bubble has formed, slide the connector back to the top of the wand to release the bubble.
Now, let’s make our Giant Bubble Recipe!
Giant Bubble Recipe
Supplies Needed for Bubble Solution
Directions for Giant Bubble Solution
Mix the ingredients together in a large bucket and allow to sit for at least an hour.
The longer it sits, the better.
Let’s Make Giant Bubbles!
Dip your bubble wand into the bubble solution, then slide the connector out to create a triangle. Watch the big bubbles form!
We had so much fun making these giant bubbles!
- 1/2-inch PVC pipe cut 3 feet long
- 2 1/2-inch PVC caps
- 3/4-inch PVC connector
- You may want glue to secure the end caps.
- Slide the straight PVC pipe connector onto the long PVC pipe and add the caps to each end.
- Tie one end of the yarn to the top of the pipe and then string the washer onto the yarn and thread it through the straight connector.
- Bring the yarn back to the top of the pipe and tie it in place to create a long triangle with the washer pulling it down in the middle.
For even more summer fun, check out this way to make giant bubbles with a hula hoop!
More Bubble Fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Looking for regular size bubbles? Here is the absolute best how to make bubbles tutorial on the internet…oh, and it does NOT use glycerin!
- Have you seen this insanely addictive bubble wrap toy? I can’t stop popping bubbles!
- Make a homemade bubble wand with a simple straw.
- Make frozen bubbles…this is so cool!
- I cannot live another moment without this giant bubble ball. Can you?
- A smoke bubble machine that you can hold in your hand is awesome.
- Make bubble foam in these colorful ways!
- Make bubble art with this bubble painting technique.
- Glow in the dark bubbles are the best kinda bubbles.
- DIY bubble machine is an easy thing to make!
- Have you made bubble solution with sugar?
Did your kids have fun making the giant bubble wand and giant bubble solution recipe? How did the big bubbles go?