When you think of bubbles you think of a watery solution that provides hours of fun. Let’s throw some sugar in the mix and you have one unique craft. Wait, did I just say sugar? I sure did! We’ve teamed up with Imperial Sugar to share a recipe for Homemade Bubbles Using Sugar! It’s a completely new way to make bubbles of fun happen for everyone!
What You Will Need to Make Homemade Bubbles Using Sugar:
- 1 Tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons dish soap (Joy and Dawn seem to work best)
- 1 Cup Water
- Bubble Wands and Container
Recipe adapted from Imperial Sugar.
How to Make Homemade Bubbles Using Sugar:
- Mix all ingredients and stir gently until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the solution into a container and use bubble wands to blow huge bubbles!
- Repeat as many times as necessary!
- Store any unused bubble solution in an airtight container for future use.
Why Sugar Makes Everything Better
We all know that sugar makes everything more tasty but it’s also great for so many other reasons. In this craft, the sugar slows down the water evaporation, which in turn keeps the bubbles from drying out so they stay intact for a longer period of time. Of course, this doesn’t apply if the bubble hits the ground so make it into a game and see who can keep their bubbles afloat the longest!
While summer is close to coming to an end, the fun doesn’t have to stop with bubbles! Fall brings a load of more fun crafts you can make indoors and out. I suggest starting right here on Kids Activities Blog for fun Fall crafts and activities but as always, make sure you check out Imperial Sugar Kids in The Kitchen where you can find fun recipe and craft ideas for kids using sugar! You can also check out the Cubie & Cubette’s Cooking Club which is a series of fun videos you and your kids can watch to learn how to create all sorts of fun things!
So what are you waiting for? Grab a bag of sugar and get to making memories!