This simple craft creates hours of play opportunities because you can make your own bubble shooter. Actually it is half bubble shooter and half bubble wand. No matter what you call it, blowing bubbles is fun!
This bubble shooter was born out of desperation. At one time we had many bubble wands. They have since disappeared into their secret hiding places somewhere in our garden.
This post has affiliate links.
Bubble Shooter Defined: A brilliant mechanism combining bubbles and the act of shooting.
How To Make a Bubble Shooter Wand
Hey! That is an easy way to think of it.
A bubble shooter wand covers everything!
This Do It Yourself Bubble Shooter is so easy to make that any home without bubble wands will probably never have to buy another bubble wand again!
To make your do it yourself bubble shooter, you’ll need 2 basic supplies that you probably already have in your home:
Instructions for Constructing Bubble Shooter Wand:
- Take a bunch of straws and attach them together by wrapping them with a rubber band. If you don’t have rubber bands within easy reach, don’t worry. Just use some masking tape or sticky tape to join the straws together.
- (Optional) You can also cut the straws to a shorter length; this may be very useful if you don’t have many straws but have many children to entertain.
- Mix up a batch of bubble solution:
- Let’s blow bubbles with your DIY Bubble Shooter Wand!
Blowing Bubbles with DIY Bubble Shooter Wand
This play is really satisfying for children as they make lots of bubbles with each breath.
The action needed for creating bubbles with the bubble shooter is always exhaling and never inhaling. This will keep bubble solution out of kids’ mouths. <–But just in case, always use a non-toxic bubble solution that is taste-safe.
It is amazing how quickly they learn the proper coordination to get just the right amount of bubble solution into the shooter wand.
More Bubble Fun from Kids Activities Blog
Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles! Kids and adults alike love to blow bubbles. Still wanting more bubbles? Check out these great bubble activities from some of the other bubbly, but oh so quirky…
- Bubble Activities – Here is a list of some fun ways you can tie learning to bubble blowing fun.
- Make bubble art – Colored bubbles and paper can make an easy art project that is fun to make and really beautiful too.
- Bubble Foam Recipe – This includes an adapted bubble solution recipe that includes glycerin to make super foamy bubbles.
- This bubble blaster is super fun & themed with one of our favorites.
- Bubble play ideas will spark the inner artist.
- Make frozen bubbles…this is so cool!
- Bubble machines for kids that you can make at home!
- Grab a giant bubble ball!
- Love this smoke bubble machine
- Oh and last but not least, check out this bubble hairstyle!
Did your kids love making these simple bubble shooters? What are their favorite ways to blow bubbles?