Have a small room or small playroom? Here are great ways to organize toys in small spaces using baskets, bins, walls, and more!
With a tiny (closet-sized) playroom, I struggle constantly with how to organize toys in small spaces.
And with all the toys that we have, it’s important to me to be able to organize toys cheap so that it’s easy on my pocketbook.
These solutions are just what I needed to clear out the clutter and keep toys from taking over our home!
26 Ways to Organize Toys in Small Spaces
1. Do-it-Yourself Projects
Forward Facing Bookshelves
Forward-facing bookshelves are a perfect way to utilize space behind a door, via Tried and True.
2. Easy Organization Project
Bag up your kids’ toys with an easy organization project from Make It Perfect.
3. LEGO Storage Stool
Make a Lego storage stool to keep blocks off the floor and put away, via Kids Activities Blog.
4. Flip Down Wall Art
Build a flip down wall art desk with this project by Ana White.
5. PVC Pipe Organization
Keep costumes put away using PVC pipes with this simple project from The Nerd’s Wife.
6. Stuffed Animal Swing
Make a stuffed animal swing with this project from It’s Always Autumn.
7. LEGO Storage Mat
Create a LEGO storage mat with these easy instructions from Kids Activities Blog.
8. Over The Door Barbie Organizer
Sew a custom over-the-door Barbie organizer, just like A Girl and a Glue Gun.
9. Pegboards To Hang Large Toys
Use pegboards to hang large toys — like construction trucks — off the ground, via Apartment Therapy.
Tips and Advice for Clearing Out the Clutter
10. Maximize Wall Space
Maximize wall space to keep toys organized in a small space with these hacks from From Faye.
11. Closet Makeover
This closet makeover from Kids Activities Blog offers some easy tips when you’re ready to organize toys in small spaces.
12. Toy Organization Hack
Regulate how many toys your child can play with at a time using this toy organization hack from Dallas Moms Blog.
13. How To Keep Your House Organized
Keep your house organized with kids with advice from fellow moms, via Kids Activities Blog.
14. Cover Cluttered Bookshelves
Cover cluttered bookshelves with this hack from Plumberry Pie.
15. Photo Label Storage Boxes
Use photos of your child’s toys to label storage boxes, via Simplify In Style.
Repurpose Household Items
16. Laundry Basket Storage
Use laundry baskets to keep toys off the floor, and other great tips from Beauty Through Imperfection.
17. Treasure Organization
Let them keep their treasures (and you keep the playroom organized!) with this genius idea from Kids Activities Blog.
18. Magnetic Strip Toy Car Organization
Use a magnetic strip to store toy cars. Genius tip from Thrift Decor Chick.
19. Towel Rack Craft Organizer
Hang craft supplies on a towel rack using cups with this hack from Attempting Aloha.
20. Under The Bed Organization
Utilize gaps under the bed with this great tip from That’s My Letter.
21. Shoe Storage Bag
Use a shoe storage bag to organize small toys by color, via Kids Activities Blog.
22. Storage Bench Seating
Create storage bench seating with an easy DIY from I Heart Organizing.
23. Stuffed Animal Cage Using A Bookshelf
Make a stuffed animal cage using a bookcase with this idea from The Griffiths Garden.
24. Crate Seating And Storage
Turn crates into seating and storage with this project from The Boutons.
25. Bookcase Wall Display
Hang a bookcase on the wall to display toy trains, via Green Kitchen.
26. Repurposed Flower Planters
Repurpose flower planters to store stuffed animals on the walls with this project from Mommity.
27. Kid Tested Ideas To Organize
And don’t miss 15 Kid-Tested Ideas to Organize Toys.
Amazing Declutter Course
If you are ready to organize the entire house (declutter, clean & organize), we LOVE this declutter course! It’s room by room & perfect for anyone!
MOre Organization Tips From Kids ACtivities Blog:
- Here are 8 genius ways to organize your junk drawer.
- 20 brilliant ideas to organize your kitchen.
- 50 things to throw a way right now for instant decluttering.
- These 11 genius ideas to organize mom’s makeup.
- These 15 backyard organization hacks will save you time and stress!
- Genius ideas to get your board games organized.
- Get your medicine cabinet organized with these 15 ideas.
- Check these great ideas to keep mom’s office organized!
- Here are some great ways to keep your cords organized (and untangled).
- Great organization hacks for your diaper bag and purse.
Do you have any organization tips for small rooms? Tell us in the comments, we’d love to hear from you!