How do I organize all these cords?
With all of our electronic devices, it seems like my house is over run with cords and wires! So I’ve been on the hunt to find some functional and cute ways to organize cords.
The fancy way to say it is cord management ideas! <–that sounds so official and organize-y!
How To Organize Cords
This post contains affiliate links.
1. Cord Box Hides the Cord Mess
Make a cable box out of a shoe box and wrapping paper. Super smart! via Dark Room and Dearly
If you don’t want to make a cord box, then check out one that I have bought on Amazon that I really like.
2. Re-purpose Other Containers for Cord Organization
There is one picture on the internet which has been used by a ton of sites that shows a glasses storage case used for phone cord and ear bud storage. Unfortunately, I can not find the original source of the photo, so let’s just imagine! Grab a few glasses containers from the dollar store and you’ve got some great cord organization.
If you don’t want to DIY that small cord storage idea, check out this travel cord case which might just slip into your purse or backpack and solve all your cord mess issues!
3. Clips for Cord Management
Binder clips, a label maker, and a few colors of washi tape will put all your cords in order! via Every Day Dishes
4. Label those Cords
Keep track of which cords belongs to what device by labeling them in different colors.
You can use any of your traditional labeling options. I love my label maker because then colors and fonts can be changed when needed.
This is great for a power strip, extension cord, or surge protector with multiple power cords connected to it.
5. Bendable Ties Help Hide Cords
These bendable cord ties can be used over and over to keep your cords from getting tangled. Cable ties a are also useful for this too. They’re essentially zip ties.
6. Command Hooks for Cord Organization
Use command hooks on the back of kitchen appliances so you don’t have to look at all the wires. So smart! via Dimplicity
7. How to Hide Your Router
This little DIY project will help you hide your internet router and all those unsightly cords that go along with it. Great for keeping your home office neat and tidy. via BuzzFeed
8. Organize Cords for Later
Small plastic drawers with labels will help you organize all your cords so you know right where to find them. What a great use for something cheap you can get at a hardware store or a furniture store. via Terry White
9. Cord Bundles
Binder clips, washi tape, and labels make the cutest cord organizer DIY that is so simple and totally effective. via Blue I Style
10. Toilet Paper Roll Upcycled for Cord Storage
One of the most inexpensive ideas is to use toilet paper rolls – this is so smart! via Recyclart
11. Clothespin Cord Winders
If your earbuds cord is always a tangled mess, this little clothespin trick is perfection. via The Pin Junkie
12. Cord Storage Solution
Using a Christmas ornament storage box is one of the best ways to organize cords. via The Home I Have Is Made
13. Strap Cords
14. More Cord Management Ideas
If you have strings of cords all over the place like we do, take note of these great cord management ideas.
More Organization Ideas from Kids Activities Blog
- Need a LEGO organizer? <–We have a ton of great LEGO organization ideas.
- I love our bathroom organization ideas. They work no matter how small your bathroom might be!
- Need a medicine cabinet organizer? <–We have a ton of smart DIY organization ideas you can start implementing today without a trip to the store.
- Makeup organizer ideas that are realistic and useful.
- Make a kids desk organizer this afternoon…with LEGOs!
- Oh, and here is how to organize fridge. You got this!
- Classroom organization has never been easier…and there are so many ideas you can use at home for homeschooling and distance learning.
Ready to organize the entire house? We LOVE this declutter course! It’s perfect for busy families.
Do you have any cord management ideas? Let us know in the comments! We’d love to hear from you!