Today we have the best list of boy and girl shared bedroom ideas. If you’re like me, you have a large family and not enough room. That’s okay, because these amazing boy and girl ideas for shared bedrooms are great for any home with multiple kids and limited bedroom space.
Boy and Girl Shared Rooms
Do you have a houseful? We do.
Here are ideas on how to have siblings share a room, *especially* if they are opposite genders. Your kids can share a space while maintaining their own “zones”.
This post contains affiliate links.
Related: Need more awesome bedroom ideas for kids?
Ideas For Shared Bedrooms For Boys and Girls
1. DIY Bunk Beds With Lofts
2. Paint Your Kids Rooms Primary Colors
Pick Primary Colors. If your kids need to share a room make it one that both genders can feel comfortable in! I love how the primary colors are fun, how the beds are on the floor (great for newly out of the crib kiddos) and the storage of toys on the wall and even the closet pole along the wall.
3. Use Curtains For Privacy and Personal Space
Curtain it off. I think of privacy curtains for hospital rooms. But they are perfect for rooms with multiple genders too! Help your kids have privacy and yet be with their sibling!
4. Separate Spaces In Bedroom With 2 Different Wallpapers
Separate the room with Wallpaper. It is easy to see where “the line” is between these two sister’s “zones” in their room. This is a great way to visually add distinction without any special beds/construction.
5. Wall Bunk Beds With Curtains
Make a room-within-a-room. We have friends who have older kids share a room (mixed gender) their home is cozy and this is a perfect way to give the kids privacy even in limited space. I love how Gon was able to fit three kids into his room with built-in bunks.
6. Make A Reading Loft In Your Children’s Closet
Create a closet Hideout – What a fun way to give your kids their own play spaces in a shared bedroom. Create lofted nooks in your closet. This is perfect for bedrooms that use dressers or have double closets!
7. Build Triple Bunk Beds
Go triple. Stack your kids into a room. This link goes to a tutorial on how to make the bed (including rails).
8. Build A Closet Box and Add A Loft Bed
Add layers. This is a great idea for a room that currently does not have a closet. Build a closet “box” and on top of the closet add a loft bed, with another bed off to it’s side. This is a great way to give “zones” for your kids while they share a room and storage.
9. Twin Boys and Girls Shared Nursery Idea
This shared nursery is so sweet for twin boys and girls! This perfect while the babes are small.
10. Gender Neutral Color For Boy and Girl Shared Bedroom
Go gender-neutral in color, but not neutral color! I love these bright colors from this article about shared space.
11. 3 Child Shared Bedroom Ideas
Novogratz original. I adore the Novogratz style and this is no exception. Three kids in one glorious room.
12. Bunkbeds With Two Beds and A Slide Shared Room Idea
Bunkbeds with Two beds and a slide is such a cute idea. Not only is there 2 beds, but a slide which makes this bed set even more fun for smaller kids.
13. Modified Bed For Boy/Girl Shared Bedroom
Bunk bed gone king – Accommodating 3 kids in a bunk bed can be tricky. Here is our solution that could be modified for boy/girl shared space.
Check Out Even More Kids Bedroom Ideas From Kids Activities Blog
- Need ideas for toddler and baby sharing room? Check this out!
- You will love these 20 cool bedroom ideas for kids.
- Take a look at these 17 nursery storage ideas.
- Decorate your child’s walls with this super cute art.
- These are the best toy storage ideas to make more room in your children’s rooms.
- Make more room in your kids room by getting rid of toys.
- Consider these 40 Bunk Bed Designs for Kids!
What great ideas do you have for boy/girl shared rooms?