Vroom! We have toy car storage solutions that will make Hot Wheels put themselves away. Toy storage always seems challenging after a holiday or birthday especially with small toys like toy cars, Hot Wheels, Matchbox cars, toy trains or any small vehicles. These toy garage ideas are the best Hot Wheels storage ideas around.
Clever Toy Car Storage Ideas for Playroom & Beyond
My boys’ little cars seem to multiply as fast as toy trains. We have a whole bunch of fun ideas for a better way to handle toy car storage spaces.
If you have kids at home – little girl or little boy, then my guess that you have toy cars everywhere! I love this collection of toy cars storage solutions that tackles Hot Wheels Cars, Matchbox Cars and even toy trains in a great way to not only put little cars away, but display them beautifully!
Hot Wheels Storage Ideas
The thing about Hot Wheels cars and Matchbox cars is that these toy cars seem to multiply to a level that is difficult to figure out easy storage, here are some great car storage unit ideas…
1. DIY Parking Garage Toy
Build your own parking garage that will hold all your hot wheels cars in a fun way in recycled cardboard tubes. Keep all your favorite cars in a secure place! via Frugal Fun for Boys
2. Matchbox Cars Vertical Parking Lot
Hang your cars on the wall (within reach of the kiddos) using magnetic metal knife bars you can find on Amazon. This is so smart! Now you don’t have to worry about your hot wheels vehicles everywhere! via Keeping Up With The Smiths
3. Repurpose a Book Ledge for Toy Cars Shelf Display & Storage
I love these Hot Wheels storage ideas. You can also put all those little toy cars on the walls with book ledges! This also makes the perfect Hot Wheels display case. via Stacy’s Savings
4. Over Door Portable Storage Unit Solution
This over the door car case lets you see all your hot wheels and can easily come down and fold up.
5. Hot Wheel Storage with a Carry Handle for Storage
Wanting a quality carry case for your cars? Use a tackle-box to store up to 100 toy cars. This is a cheap car organizer. This is awesome so you can take them room to room! via Adventure’s of Action Jackson
Related: You will love these outdoor toy storage ideas!
Small Toy Car Storage Ideas
6. Clever Big Car Tire Repurpose
You can create a really unique car storage from a recycled tire. This idea is so fun! via Spaceships and Laser beams
7. Easy Storage for Matchbox Cars
Make your own hanging organizer so your cars can hang on the wall but also fold up. via Pick Up Some Creativity
8. Car Jar Storage Idea
Spray paint a toy car and the lid of a jar to make a super cool car jar. via Simplicity In The South
9. Ultimate Travel Toy
A simple plastic thread organizer works awesome for toy cars! This way a little boy or little girl can carry their Hot Wheels collection with them using the carry handle.
Ways to organize kids toy cars
10. Wooden Shelf Garage for Hot Wheels Storage
Here’s another simple DIY wall storage idea anyone can build! via Little Bits of Home
11. Bucket Full o’ Cars
I love this idea of labeling a metal bucket and filling it up with your toy cars. What a simple clean up! via Shanty 2 Chic
12. Hot Wheels Travel Case
This fun hot wheels car case can take 100 cars anywhere. Complete with a handle and wheels!
13. Upcycled Shoe Rack for Toy Cars
You must see this simple shoe rack turned gorgeous wall garage. via A Lo And Behold Life
14. Play & Fold Hotwheels Storage
This toy car mat lays flat for play and then folds the cars up for storage! Love this idea. via Etsy.
15. Label for Easy Put Aways
If you have a huge collection like this one, labeling them is a great idea. via Listen to Lena
16. Toy Clutter Solutions for Hotwheels and More…
Ready to organize the entire house? We LOVE this declutter course! It’s perfect for busy families!
More Toy Car Fun & Toy Storage Solutions from Kids Activities Blog
- Oh so many toy car activities for kids of all ages!
- Best kids ride on cars…these are a great way to get car loving kids outside to play!
- We love this Hot Wheels garage.
- Try out this maze road mat perfect for coloring and cars!
- We have the absolutely best tips for how to organize kids toys!
- Looking for some kids art storage ideas? We got ’em!
- These toy storage ideas are super genius…and fun.
- Check out these remote control cars for your kid!
- Want to learn how to get rid of toys without drama?
- Wondering how to store your board games? Click here for 12 of our ideas!
What toy storage solution are you going to try to tame the Hot Wheel mess?