It’s hard to believe that Halloween is just one short month away. We are getting ready by partnering with Country Crock to share a fun and easy way to make Homemade Spider Cookies! Make these to give to friends, family, co-workers, and even your child’s classmates. Spooky never tasted so good!
What You Will Need to Make Homemade Spider Cookies:
- 1 cup Country Crock ® Spreadable Sticks or Tub, cold from the refrigerator
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- Black Frosting (pre-made with the star tip)
- Small package of red fondant (pre-made kind)
- Candy Eyes
- Black Licorice
- Mixing bowls
- Cookie sheet
- Hand mixer
- Measuring cups
Recipe adapted from the Country Crock Make it Yours Cookie Recipe
How to Make Homemade Spider Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 375 °. Mix Country Crock ® Spread, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, egg, egg yolk and vanilla in large bowl until well mixed.
- Next, stir in flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda until blended. (Dough will be soft and creamy.) Using a hand-mixer will make this step much easier!
- Scoop out some of the cookie dough and place it onto an ungreased baking sheet 3-inches apart. I used a small ice cream scooper to make even portions.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until edges are lightly golden.
- Remove from the baking sheet and place onto wire racks to allow to cool completely.
- Take the red fondant and form small, flat circles onto a plate. Using a knife, cut the circles into more of an hourglass shape (to resemble the back of a black widow spider)
- Once cool, open your black frosting and use the provided star tip to pipe the frosting onto the cookie. This gives the spider a furry/fuzzy effect.
- Take your black licorice and cut the piece into thirds then in half. These will become the spider’s legs (make sure you have 8 small pieces per spider).
- Assemble the spiders by adding the eyes towards the front, the red fondant in the back and the legs in between.
- Your spider is now ready for display and of course, ready to be eaten by hungry little monsters!
Bake Spooky Treats As a Family!
The holidays are the perfect time to get the family together to bake something spooky and delicious in the kitchen. My boys and I love coming up with creative ways to decorate our favorite sweet treats. With the help of Country Crock’s Make It Yours Recipe, the possibilities are endless but you are guaranteed to end up with a tasty cookie.
The secret behind the recipe is the County Crock buttery spread. It gives the cookies moisture and taste so your tastebuds will soar!Country Crock’s Make it Yours™ Cookie Recipe makes the perfect base cookie dough. You can customize the recipe by adding 1-2 cups of your favorite mix-ins – such as chocolate chips, sprinkles and marshmallows. It allows you to get creative in your kitchen.
So what are you waiting for? Visit the Country Crock website for the Make It YoursTM Cookie Recipe (it’s also shown above) and find more baking inspiration. You can also join the conversation online using the #MakeItYours on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Country Crock . The opinions and text are all mine.