Let’s learn bald eagle fun facts today! We created the best bald eagle facts sheets for kids of all ages to print and learn. If you have ever wondered whether the bald eagle is bald or not, or how fast they can fly, you’ll be glad to know we have the answers for you! Our printable fun facts pdf includes two pages filled with bald eagle pictures and facts about bald eagles that kids of all ages will enjoy at home or in the classroom.
Free Printable Bald Eagle Facts for Kids
The bald eagle is more than one of the most famous birds in North America, it is also the national emblem of the United States, so it’s very important to learn about it from a young age. In fact, the bald eagle is so important that it received protections under the Endangered Species Act back in 1967. Click the button to download and print the bald eagle fun facts sheets now:
And today, we are learning all about this national bird! These birds have a white head and dark brown body – however, they are not actually bald. Besides eating fish, bald eagles eat other small birds, snakes, and small mammals, and need tall trees to build their nests. There’s so much to learn about them… so let’s get started!
Fun Bald Eagle Facts To Share With Your Friends
- Bald eagles are large birds of prey native to North America.
- The bald eagle has been the U.S.’ national emblem and mascot since 1782.
- They live mostly in forests near bodies of water, like rivers, lakes, and reservoirs.
- The bald eagle isn’t bald, but it’s named like that because it looks bald from a distance.
- Bald eagles have a wingspread of 7ft, but their bodies are only 34-35 inches, and they weigh 6.5 to 14 pounds.
- Bald eagles eat fish, ducks, snakes, turtles, rabbits, and dead animals.
- They can reach speeds of up to 100mph when diving.
- The bald eagle can fly up to 10,000ft in the air, and can soar for hours using thermal convection currents.
- At 4 or 5 years old, bald eagles choose a mating partner and the two birds will mate for life, unless one eagle dies or disappears.
- A mating bald eagle pair produces up to three eggs a year, and both parents take turns incubating their eggs.
This article contains affiliate links.
Download & Print Bald Eagle Facts for Kids Worksheet PDF here:
This fun fact page is sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
Recommended Supplies FOR BALD EAGLE FACTS SHEETS
MORE FUN FACTS FOR KIDS ABOUT ANIMALS
- Dog facts for kids
- Dinosaur facts for kids
- Tiger facts for kids
- Cheetah facts for kids
- Whale facts for kids
- Monkey facts for kids
- Frog facts for kids
- Bat facts for kids
- Turtle facts for kids
- Elephant facts for kids
- Panda facts for kids
- Penguin facts for kids
- Giraffe facts for kids
- Horse facts for kids
- Polar bear facts for kids
- Red panda facts for kids
- More fun facts for kids
More Fun Eagle Pages & Printable Sheets from Kids Activities Blog
- We have the best collection of coloring pages for kids and adults!
- Relax after a long day with this bald eagle printable zentangle.
- Let’s learn how to draw a bird and then turn it into a bald eagle with your crayons!
- This paper plate bird craft is super easy and inexpensive to make.
- Free bird themed crossword puzzle for kids
- Download & print these bird coloring pages for kids
- Teach your kids about taking care of the environment & watching birds enjoy this bird feeder craft for kids
What was your favorite bald eagle fact? Mine was #7!