Printable Fun Penguin Facts for Kids
Let’s learn some fun facts about penguins for kids! We’re so excited to share with you our penguin facts sheets that double as penguin coloring pages, perfect for kids of all ages that love these peculiar little birds as much as we do. Our printable penguin facts coloring sheets include two pages filled with lots of facts about penguins that work well at home or in the classroom.
Free printable penguin facts for Kids
Penguins are flightless birds that are famous for “wearing” a cute tuxedo and being adorable. There’s no other bird like a penguin… Ok, we kid, emus, ostriches and cassowaries cannot fly either. But penguins are our favorite of the kind!
Did you know there are 18 species of penguins? You probably think penguins only live in frozen waters, but that’s not true! For example, the Fiordland penguins live in New Zealand and are the only species of penguins to live in rainforests. Some others live in the southern hemisphere, while others live on the Galapagos islands.
Penguins are beautiful creatures that we all love, and they definitely deserve their own fun facts coloring sheets.
10 interesting facts about penguins
- Penguins are flightless birds. Instead of having wings for flying, penguins have flippers to help them swim.
- Penguins eat krill, squids, and fish.
- Most penguins live in the Southern Hemisphere, specifically on Antarctic coasts and sub-Antarctic islands, but some can be found near the Equator.
- Penguins don’t live in the North Pole, since the ice is so thick and they can’t hunt their food.
- There are 18 species of penguins.
- The Emperor penguin is the tallest penguin and can be as tall as 47in, while the Little Blue Penguins are the smallest breed, on average they’re 13in tall.
- A group of penguins is called a “raft” if they are in the water, but on land, they’re called a “waddle”.
- Penguins huddle together to protect themselves from predators and to retain warmth.
- Penguin feet are adapted to walk long distances, sometimes they march up to 60 miles across the sea ice.
- Male penguins give female penguins rocks to impress them. The ladies use these rocks to build a nest.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR PENGUIN FACTS SHEETS
This printable panda fact sheet set is sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Something to color with: favorite crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint, water colors…
- The printed penguin facts coloring pages template pdf — see button below to download & print
More Penguin Fun & Printable Sheets from Kids Activities Blog
- We have the best collection of coloring pages for kids and adults!
- These January coloring pages include cute penguins too!
- Let’s learn how to draw a penguin with our penguin drawing tutorial.
- Wait, we have more! Check out these penguin activities for preschoolers.
- Download and print our penguin printable pack for more engaging fun.
- These penguin coloring pages also double as crafts – Yay!
MORE FUN FACTS FOR KIDS ABOUT ANIMALS
- Dog facts for kids
- Tiger facts for kids
- Dinosaur facts for kids
- Bald eagle facts for kids
- Cheetah facts for kids
- Whale facts for kids
- Monkey facts for kids
- Frog facts for kids
- Bat facts for kids
- Turtle facts for kids
- Elephant facts for kids
- Panda facts for kids
- Giraffe facts for kids
- Horse facts for kids
- Polar bear facts for kids
- Red panda facts for kids
- More fun facts for kids
What was your favorite penguin fact?