We have the perfect craft project for kids to make this summer or fall – this DIY Bird Feeder could not be easier! Making a bird feeder together is a kids activity they will have fun crafting and afterward kids can watch the birds eating from your homemade bird feeder for hours!
Easy Bird Feeder Craft for Kids
Even though my boys are older, they loved making these to hang out for the birds. We don’t have any other bird feeders in our tree’s because they’re new and pretty small so this works perfectly for us.
Related: Homemade bird feeders kids can make
This post contains affiliate links.
how to make a DIY Bird Feeder with your kids
You can use all types of different bird seed and if peanut butter isn’t something you have in your home because of allergies you can use an almond butter or sun butter. They work just the same – it’s just the sticky party for holding the bird seed on the roll!
This would make a great homeschool project for younger kids or just a fun summer activity on a day you’re looking for something to do!
Supplies Needed for Homemade Bird Feeder Craft
Directions to Make Toilet Paper Roll Bird Feeder
Start by covering the toilet paper roll in peanut butter – for this I used a small spatula that was easy for spreading.
Next, roll the peanut butter covered roll in bird seed and let it sit for a few minutes.
Attach string or twine for hanging it from the tree.
This is a great project to do any time of the year but we love to hang them in the spring and fall most of the time.
- Bird Seed
- Peanut Butter
- Toilet Paper Roll
- Twine or string to hang the roll from the tree
- Start by covering the toilet paper roll in peanut butter – for this I used a small spatula that was easy for spreading.
- Next, roll the peanut butter covered roll in bird seed and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Attach string or twine for hanging it from the tree.
More Great Bird Feeders and Crafts From Kids Activities Blog
- Check out this easy pine cone bird feeder for kids.
- Make a homemade recycled bottle hummingbird feeder and nectar recipe.
- Cut up fruit to make a fruit garland bird feeder.
- Did you know you can make a pine cone bird feeder craft.
- Learn how to make a nest ball for birds with kids.
- Look at this easy homemade butterfly feeder and butterfly food recipe.
If you’re looking for other projects to do with recycled toilet paper rolls, then be sure to check out our Toilet Roll Craft Rocket! And also take a look at this ADORABLE Toilet Paper Roll Bee Craft for Kids via Easy Peasy and Fun.
How did your DIY bird feeder toilet paper roll craft turn out?