New week, new printable! Today we are going to learn about majestic elephants with our elephant facts coloring pages.
Our free printable pack includes two coloring pages with fun facts about elephants that you may not know about – and will be surprised when you do!
Free Printable Elephant facts coloring sheets
Let’s cover some basic facts about elephants, shall we?
Elephants are the largest land animals. They are famous for being very intelligent animals, having long trunks, and large ears. But that’s not all there is to elephants! For example, the African forest elephant (loxodonta africana) can weigh as much as 14,000 pounds. Isn’t that incredible?!
Here’s one more fact: elephant tusks are used for many things, like digging for water, lifting objects, defending themselves, and more.
Overall, we can all agree that elephants are very interesting creatures that kids and adults admire. That’s why we made these printables!
Let’s see what we’ll need to color these coloring sheets:
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR ELEPHANT FACTS COLORING SHEETS
This coloring page is sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Something to color with: favorite crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint, water colors…
- The printed elephant facts coloring pages template pdf — see button below to download & print
10 interesting facts about elephants
- Elephants are the world’s largest land animals.
- There are three different species of elephant: African Savannah elephant, African forest elephant, and Asian elephant.
- Wild elephants can live for up to 60 or 70 years.
- An average African elephant can grow to be 8.2-13 feet and weigh more than 13,000lbs.
- Elephants have around 150,000 muscles in their trunks.
- They use it to pick up stuff, suck up water, and even as a snorkel when swimming.
- Elephant tusks are actually teeth that continue growing throughout their lives. They are made of ivory.
- Elephants need to eat up to 150kg of food per day, they spend between 12-18 hours a day eating.
- Baby elephants, called elephant calves, can stand within 20 minutes of being born and walk after just an hour.
- Elephants are becoming extinct, around 90% of African elephants have been wiped out in the past century.
More Coloring Pages From Kids Activities Blog
- We have the best collection of coloring pages for kids and adults!
- Our elephant drawing tutorial is much more simple than you’d expect it to.
- Relax after a long day out with this zentangle elephant coloring page.
- Try our E is for elephant craft for kids of all ages!
- These realistic elephant coloring pages will keep your little ones having fun for hours.
- Last but not least, our zoo coloring pages include an elephant too!
What was your favorite elephant fact? Mine was #5!