New week, new fun facts for kids! Today we are learning all about friendly monkeys with our monkey facts coloring pages.
Keep scrolling to find our PDF download link, which includes two printables filled with pictures and facts about monkeys for kids of all ages.
Free Printable Monkey Facts Coloring Pages
Kids love monkeys – maybe because both kids and monkeys are very playful? Probably!
Monkeys are primates that love to play around with other animals. Did you know there are hundreds of different species of monkeys? Some are very tiny, like the pygmy marmoset, others are super loud, like the howler monkeys. Others are the bonobo, mandrill, macaque… Can you think of any more monkeys? Most of them prefer to live in trees, but some prefer to live on the ground, like baboons.
Let’s celebrate monkeys with our fun facts! This is what we’ll need to color our printables:
This article contains affiliate links.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR MONKEY FACTS COLORING SHEETS
This coloring page is sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Something to color with: favorite crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint, water colors…
- The printed monkey facts coloring pages template pdf — see button below to download & print
10 interesting facts about monkeys
- Monkeys are primates that tend to live in tropical rainforests of Africa, Central and South America, and Asia.
- There are about 260 monkey species that we know about.
- Most monkeys, with the exception of macaques and baboons, are arboreals, which means they spend the majority of their lives in trees.
- Capuchin monkeys are some of the smartest monkeys as they can use tools and learn new skills.
- The world’s smallest monkey is called Pygmy Marmoset, and it weighs around 4oz and is around 5in tall.
- The world’s largest monkey is the mandrill, it weighs around 77lbs and is 3ft tall.
- Monkeys are very social animals and like to play, cuddle, and protect each other in their groups.
- Not all primates are monkeys. One of the main differences is that monkeys have tails, while apes and other primates do not.
- Monkeys groom each other as an expression of affection.
- Howler monkeys have one of the loudest calls of any land animals and can be heard from a distance of 3 miles.
More Fun Coloring Pages & Printable Sheets from Kids Activities Blog
- Don’t go without checking out the best collection of coloring pages for kids and adults!
- Our monkey coloring pages are the cutest thing ever.
- This monkey drawing tutorial is so simple to follow.
- Let’s practice the alphabet – print the letter m is for monkey coloring pages.
- You can draw your own panda drawing in a matter of minutes.
- Get more monkey fun with the best gorilla coloring pages.
- We have awesome animal coloring pages to print and color.
- Free chimpanzee coloring sheet ready to be downloaded.
Did you enjoy our monkey facts? Which one was your favorite? I like #10 the most!