Let’s have some fun learning how to draw a wolf! If your little one loves wolves as much as we do, then you need to download these simple printable how to draw a wolf step by step instructions!
Our free wolf drawing tutorial includes three pages with detailed steps on how to draw a cartoon wolf. Grab your pencil and let’s get started!
Learning how to draw a wolf step by step
Drawing has so many benefits!
Learning how to make a simple and easy wolf drawing, or any other animal, helps kids increase their imagination, enhance their fine motor and coordination skills, and develop a healthy way of displaying their emotions. Plus, drawing is just fun too.
Just download the step by step instructions pdf, print it and get your pencil and colored pencils or crayons.
Easy steps to draw a wolf for kids
Follow this easy how to draw a wolf step by step tutorial and you will be drawing your own wolf drawings in no time.
Let’s start with our wolf’s head! Draw an oval then add a curved line in the middle, and erase extra lines.
For the ears, add two triangles on top of the head.
To make our wolf’s body, draw two concentric ovals and erase extra lines.
Now draw front legs and little ovals for the paws.
Let’s draw our wolf’s hind legs by drawing two ovals and two smaller and flatter ones on the bottom.
Draw a tail, and make it shaggy and fluffy!
Add lines down the middle of the ears and an M line in the face.
Give your cartoon wolf a cute face: add three circles for the eyes, an oval for the nose, curved lines for the mouth, and triangles for the canine teeth (also called fangs.)
Well done! Get creative and add little details and fun colors.
Download Simple Wolf Drawing PDF FILE TUTORIAL:
How did your wolf drawing turn out?
Here are Some of Our Favorite Drawing Supplies
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
- Don’t forget a pencil sharpener.
- How to draw a leaf – use this step-by-step instruction set for making your own beautiful leaf drawing
- How to draw an elephant – this is an easy tutorial on drawing a flower
- How to draw Pikachu – OK, this is one of my favorites! Make your own easy Pikachu drawing
- How to draw a panda – Make your own cute pig drawing by following these instructions
- How to draw a turkey – kids can make their own tree drawing by following along these printable steps
- How to draw Sonic the Hedgehog – simple steps to making a Sonic the Hedgehog drawing
- How to draw a fox – make a beautiful fox drawing with this drawing tutorial
- How to draw a turtle– easy steps for making a turtle drawing
- See all of our printable tutorials on how to draw <–by clicking here!
Great Books for Even More Wolf Fun
1. Wolf Book is Part of Boxed Set
This exclusive library contains 10 of the best-selling Beginners Animals titles, all with simple text and great illustrations, perfect for beginning readers. All titles include internet links.
Box Set includes: Bears, Dangerous Animals, Elephants, Farm Animals, Monkeys, Pandas, Penguins, Sharks, Tigers, and Wolves.
2. The Boy Who Cried Wolf
Every day, Sam takes the same old sheep up the same old mountain. What can he do to make life a little more exciting? Find out in this lively retelling of the classic story The Boy Who Cried Wolf by Aesop. Read with Usborne has been developed with the help of reading experts to support and motivate children in the early stages of reading.
More wolf fun from Kids Activities Blog
- This GIGANTIC wolf just wants to be loved – watch and see!
- Get more free printable wolf coloring pages here.
- Watch this adorable husky puppy try to howl like a wolf – he’s so cute!
- You can also make a paper plate wolf too!
- Watch Out For Wolf and other great W books.
- Remember the story about the 3 Little Pigs and the Big Bad Wolf?
How did your wolf drawing turn out? Were you able to follow the simple how to draw a wolf steps…?