These dinosaur gardens are perfect for getting kids interested in planting and growing. While fairy gardens are a great way to get your children interested in all things gardening indoors, some kids aren’t excited about fairies…but dinosaurs are their thing!
This article contains affiliate links.
Dinosaur Gardens for Kids
You can get a dinosaur garden instead of a fairy garden kit! <–We have some cute choices if you want a fairy garden!
The first dinosaur garden we found was the Grow N’ Glow Dinosaur Habitat. Kids can create an entire dinosaur garden, complete with a light up, nightlight volcano.
Light Up Volcano Dinosaur Garden
It’s the perfect idea for dinosaur loving kids, and the kit includes different dinosaurs to live in your garden.
There’s a Tyrannosaurus Rex and stegosaurus to live in the garden and a triceratops skeleton to discover buried in the dirty.
How Does a Dinosaur Garden Work?
- Your kids can design the garden, plant the seeds, and watch it grow.
- The included seeds quickly sprout so kids can see the results of their creations sooner than later.
- There’s even glow-in-the-dark paint so your kids can make their dinosaurs or the habitat glow at night.
- The volcano includes a small flickering LED light and glows red, just like it was erupting.
What is Inside the Dinosaur Garden Kit?
- Toy dinosaurs
- Dinosaur fossils
- Light up volcano
- Lava paint
- Glowing stones
- Planting container
- Potting mix
- Quick grow chia, wheatgrass and bean seeds
- Soil scoop
- Plant mister.
You can get your own Grow N’ Glow Dinosaur Habitat on Amazon for $25.99 too and start building a dinosaur garden to call your own.
More Dinosaur Gardens & Dinosaur Terrariums We Love
1. Glowing Dino World Terrarium Kit for Kids
This light up dinosaur world terrarium kit comes with 6 dinosaur toys with colorful LED on lid. Great STEM science toy to create your own customized mini dinosaur world.
2. Creativity for Kids Mini Garden Dinosaur Terrarium
This mini terrarium for kids has a dinosaur theme. Kids can decorate, plant and grow their own mini terrarium in a dinosaur egg-shaped environment.
Related: Terrarium ideas for kids of all ages
3. Happinest Dinosaur Terrarium Kit with Light up Volcano Garden
This fun light up volcano toy is great for boys and girls ages 5-10 and includes a terrarium jar, light up lid, usb charging cable, soil, sand, black rocks, chia seeds, wheatgrass seeds, volcano, dinosaur toys and sticker along with a spray bottle and planting stick
4. Onnetila Dinosaur Terrarium Kit for Kids
This dino mini garden in a jar has a plant growing system making it a fun STEM toy for boys and girls.
5. DIY Terrarium Kit for Kids with 3 Dinosaur Toys
This DIY terrarium kit comes with 3 dinosaur toys, light up mini volcano garden kit includes: color crystals, white pebbles, moss, 2 succulent plants, LED lights, mushrooms and a user manual.
FOR MORE DINOSAUR IDEAS FOR KIDS from Kids Activities Blog
- For all kinds of dinosaur ideas, these 50 Dinosaur Crafts & Activities will have something for every kids you know.
- This Printable Dinosaur Coloring Poster is perfect for rainy days.
- Decorate your kid’s bedrooms with glow-in-the-dark dinosaur wall decals.
- Did you know that the spinosaurus is the first known swimming dinosaur?
- Make Dinosaur Surprise Eggs and discover what dinosaurs are hiding inside.
- Add these sprout pencils to your garden for surprise flowers and herbs!
- This Dinosaur Dig Sensory Bin are so much fun for kids who like dig or for aspiring paleontologists.
- Check out this awesome video of this guy doing dinosaur impressions!
- Did you know experts say kids who are obsessed with dinosaurs are smarter?
- If it’s birthday season, here’s how to plan a dinosaur themed birthday party.
- Make Jurassic waffles for breakfast with a mini dinosaur waffle maker!
- This dad built the most amazing dinosaur play set for his kids in his backyard.
- For more growing fun: How to grow beans
Which dinosaur garden for kids was your favorite?