These dinosaur coloring pages are awesome! They depict the Archaeopteryx. This isn’t a well known dinosaur, but it is still super cool.
These Archaeopteryx coloring sheets are perfect for kids of all ages!
Dinosaur Coloring Pages
What’s cooler than dinosaur coloring pages? Dinosaur with wings coloring pages! Today we are coloring archaeopteryx coloring pages, so grab your favorite crayons and colored pencils!
This printable set includes two archaeopteryx coloring pages, all ready to be colored!
Archaeopteryx dinosaur coloring pages
Did you know the archaeopteryx is claimed to be one of the very first birds? We are not sure if they are completely related yet, but paleontologists are researching this.
1. Archaeopteryx Standing
Our first printable features an archaeopteryx showing off its feathered wings and interesting beak! The feathers are great for kids to experiment with different textures.
2. Flying archaeopteryx
Our second archaeopteryx coloring page features an archaeopteryx flying above a palm tree and mountains.
This coloring page has a big “archaeopteryx” in bold letters, so it’s perfect for younger kids that are getting familiar with their ABC’s or learning how to read.
How to download our printable archaeopteryx coloring pages
Get our free apatosaurus coloring pages by clicking the download button below and printing them! Now you’re all set for a cute coloring activity to do with your little ones.
Download These Archaeopteryx Coloring Pages PDF FILE here:
Facts About The Archaeopteryx
Want to know more about the Archaeopteryx?
- The Archaeopteryx is a genus of feathered dinosaurs that was originally thought to be the oldest known fossil of a bird!
- The Archaeopteryx was alive 150 million years ago during the late Jurassic Epoch period.
- The Archaeopteryx shares some anatomic characters with the coelurosaurs.
- Unlike birds though, the Archaeopteryx actually had teeth and a long tail and claws as well as wings, which indicates that they could fly. How cool!
- The Archaeopteryx could not fly for long flights or distances, but short fast bursts.
- They are not herbivores! The Archaeopteryx are carnivores.
Here are more dinosaur activities for kids:
- Did you know you can grow and decorate your own dinosaur garden?
- These 50 dinosaur crafts will have something special for every kid.
- Make your own dinosaur surprise eggs and discover what dinosaurs are hiding inside.
- Check out these dinosaur themed birthday party ideas!
- What’s cooler than dinosaur coloring pages?
How did your Archaeopteryx coloring pages turn out?