101 easy science experiments for kids of all ages! We wrote the book because we absolutely love that science is an extended form of play that even adults get to participate in. We are highlighting some of our favorite science experiments featured in our book, The 101 Coolest Simple Science Experiments and beyond…
Coolest Science Experiments for Kids
Let’s play with science today and leverage kids curiosity for learning. Science doesn’t need to be complicated when you are playing together with science concepts and learning how to do simple science experiments.
Let’s start with the book (our second) and all the fun it holds and then we will share 10 science experiments from the book and then some from beyond the book…
The 101 Coolest Simple Science Experiments Book
by Rachel Miller, Holly Homer & Jamie Harrington
Yep! That is the cover…oh, and it glows in the dark! –>
Inside there is so much fun. I can’t wait for you to read and play with science!
Buy The 101 Coolest Simple Science Experiments Book
Here is the press release if you would like to take a peek: 101 Coolest Simple Science Experiments Press Release
Inside the book are 101 playful activities that take all the intimidation out of “science experiments”.
We don’t want kids to think of science as a SUBJECT, we want science to be just another form of play.
Filled with Mind-Blowing Science Experiments Easy to Do at Home
You’ll have the time of your life conducting these incredible, wacky and fun experiments with your parents, teachers, babysitters and other adults! You’ll investigate, answer your questions and expand your knowledge using everyday household items.
We found something unexpected about our last book, 101 Kids Activities that are the Bestest, Funnest Ever!…our most loyal readers were KIDS! In fact, that book ended up being one that parents/caregivers would just hand to a child when they were bored to find something to do.
We loved that!
So, with that in mind, this science book is written to your kid. This allows the child to direct the experiment and be the one that makes the discoveries.
Favorite Coolest Science Experiments from Our Book
1. Let’s Build Atom Models
2. Dissolving Ink Experiment for Kids
- Download the complete science experiment instructions: Dissolving Ink
- Read the inspiration for this color science experiment for kids
3. Easy Exploding Baggies Experiment
- Download the complete science experiment instructions: Exploding Baggies
- Read the inspiration for one of our very favorite experiment with kids
4. Make a Scientific Marshmallow Molecule
- Download the full set of instructions for: Marshmallow Molecules
- And then use your molecules to make Peeps play dough!
5. Naked Egg Experiment for Kids
- Download all the instructions for this science experiment: Naked Eggs
- Read the inspiration behind the experiment egg in vinegar
6. STEM Activity: Build Paper Bridges
- Download the instructions for this science experiment: Paper Bridges
- Read the step by step instructions for building a paper bridge
7. Spinning Marbles Inertia Experiment
- Download the instructions for this science experiment: Spinning Marbles
- Read the inspiration behind our inertia experiments for kids
8. Build a Catapult STEM Activity
- Download the instructions for this science experiment: Catapults for Distance
- We have 15 awesome catapults designs that kids can make with stuff you already have
9. Create a Solar System in the Dark
- Download the instructions for this science experiment: Flashlight Solar System
- Make a constellation solar system
10. Let’s Build a Volcano!
- Download the instructions for this science experiment: Homemade Volcano
- Let’s make a homemade volcano with kids
- Psst…check out our awesome volcano coloring pages
Related: Oh so many easy and fun experiments in science for kids
More Cool Science Experiments for kids
11. Easy & Fun Science Activity for Air Pressure Exploration
This simple air pressure experiment will have kids playing and propelling their toys in new and inventive ways using air power.
12. Make Magnetic Mud with Science
Try this experiment with magnets and make magnetic mud that kids can control with magnetic forces!
13. Explore the Scientific Wonders of Acids and Bases
Check out this fun pH for kids science activity that reminds me of colorful tie dye. You will want to make art!
14. Play a Game of Tug of War Science Style!
Did you know there is a bunch of science that can help you win your next tug of war game? Check out all the science fun.
15. Surface Tension Experiment for Kids
Exploring surface tension can be a lot of fun and use things around the house.
16. Let’s Look at Water Absorption Science
This water absorption science experiment is something that kids can try at home or in the classroom and then observe everything around them!
17. Can You Squeeze an Eggshell?
Try this cool egg experiment to see if you can break an eggshell with your bare hands…or NOT break an eggshell with your bare hands.
18. Bacteria Growth Experiment for Kids
This really easy bacteria experiment for kids is pretty cool. And a little gross!
19. Best Easy Baking Soda and Vinegar Experiment for Kids
There are a lot of fun baking soda and vinegar experiments for kids and we have done quite a few of them here at Kids Activities Blog, but this baking soda and vinegar experiment is our favorite because it is surprising and colorful.
20. Color Changing Milk Experiment
This food coloring and milk experiment might be my second favorite kids science experiment of all time. Have I already said that? I really like them all! This colorful experiment reminds me of liquid oil art.
21. Let’s Construct DNA Out of Candy
- This fun candy DNA strand activity for kids will have them building and snacking while learning!
- Don’t miss out on our DNA coloring pages for little scientists
22. Let’s Drop an Egg…But Do NOT Break It!!!!
Our ideas for egg drop challenge will help you be the winner when it comes to dropping eggs from heights and not breaking them! We love this fun STEM activity!
23. Cool Science Experiments with Soda
Try these coke experiments and more…so much fun and an excuse to grab a drink!
24. Let’s Experiment with Oil and Water
This experiment with oil and water is a favorite in science classrooms and at home for science entertainment fun.
25. Cool Preschool Science Experiment in the Bath Tub
This bath science experiment is a fun way to explore science while bathing and playing…perfect for toddlers, preschoolers and any one who wants to take a bath.
Related: Make a battery train
What Others are Saying About 101 Simple Science Experiments Book for Kids…
The team at Kids Activities Blog are the best at coming up with super fun ways for parents and kids to connect through hands-on play, and this new book is no exception. It has such great ideas to get your kids hypothesizing, concocting and experimenting in their very own kitchen-turned-science-lab. -Stephanie Morgan, founder of Modern Parents Messy Kids
What’s the formula for hands-on fun? This book. The 101 Coolest Simple Science Experiments will have your kids begging to learn more. – Stephanie Keeping, founder of Spaceships and Laser Beams
The 101 Coolest Simple Science Experiments is a must-have book if you have kids or if you work with kids! This book really opens their minds to the wonderful world of science and gives them the chance to experiment, learn and have fun doing it! – Becky Mansfield, bestselling author of Potty Train in a Weekend and founder of Your Modern Family
No one makes science experiments more fun and easy than the moms behind Kids Activities Blog! – Megan Sheakoski, founder of Coffee Cups and Crayons
Wow and amaze your kids (and even yourself) with these jaw dropping science experiments! There are so many ideas to do inside and outside with things you can find right at home. Be prepared for fun! – Cindy Hopper, founder of Skip to My Lou
The 101 Coolest Simple Science Experiments is a must-have for all parents! The experiments are super fun, the instructions are really easy-to-follow and, most importantly, it provides hours of family-friendly entertainment! Your kids, and your child’s teacher, will thank you. – Jenn Fishkind, founder of Princess Pinky Girl
Holly Homer IS the kid’s activities specialist! Millions rely on her to empower them with fun ideas for kids. Devour this book and make your little scientists happy! – Michael Stelzner, founder of My Kids’ Adventures & Social Media Examiner
This book will give you ideas for a year’s worth of weekends so you never have to hear, “I’m bored!” at your house. – Angela England, author of Gardening like a Ninja and founder of the Untrained Housewife
The 101 Coolest Simple Science Experiments makes science not only applicable to real life, but encourages kids to have fun in the process! A must-have book. – Mique Provost, author of Make & Share Random Acts of Kindness and founder of Thirty Handmade Days
The 101 Coolest Simple Science Experiments is filled with smart activities that will keep everyone engaged in non-stop challenging fun! – Kelly Dixon, founder of Smart School House and author of Smart School House Crafts for Kids
The 101 Coolest Simple Science Experiments is fabulous. It’s the perfect gift for every parent or grandparent who wants to spend some fun, quality time with their children or grandchildren. – Leigh Anne Wilkes, food and lifestyle blogger at Your Homebased Mom
Science with the kids has never been so fun! Roll up your sleeves and get ready to see your little ones’ faces light up! – Me Ra Koh, founder of The Photo Mom and Disney Junior host of “Capture Your Story with Me Ra Koh”
The 101 Coolest Simple Science Experiments is not only the perfect resource for school science projects, it also provides a fantastic way to spend an afternoon having fun with your kids! – Stephanie Dulgarian, founder of Somewhat Simple & mother of 5
More Science Experiment Fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Best science project ideas for kids of all ages
- Best science games for kids
- Favorite science activities
- Fun science fair idea
- Simple science experiment with salt
- Best preschool science experiments
- STEM project for kids
- Find out what happens if you drop a penny from the top of the Empire State Building.
- Here are some fun bacteria experiment ideas!
- Make your own little world with this guide to making terrariums!
What is your favorite coolest science experiment for kids?