This simple and easy traditional kids woven construction paper craft creates homemade Thanksgiving placemats for Thanksgiving dinner with minimal supplies needed and fun for kids of all ages.
This article is sponsored by Imperial Sugar.
Let your kids decorate the holiday table these Thanksgiving placemats. This fun construction paper craft will help them practice fine motor skills and will make your child feel part of the celebration decorations while keeping them busy during all that holiday cooking!
Thanksgiving Paper Placemats Craft
This simple Thanksgiving craft is a great way to keep your little one busy.
Plus, let’s be honest, Thanksgiving dinner can be messy because kids, especially smaller ones, make a mess when they eat. So using placemats at the table can minimize the chaos.
Directions to Make Thanksgiving Placemat
Hop on over to Kids in the Kitchen on the Imperial Sugar website for the full instructions that we created. Stay for awhile because Kids in the Kitchen has all sorts of fun for kids.
Here are some ideas to make your placemat decorations:
- You can use our leaf coloring pages as a leaf template.
- Learn how to draw a leaf and make your own leaf drawings for decoration.
- Make an easy flower drawing with this step by step tutorial.
- Or check out the easy steps how to draw a pumpkin and make an easy pumpkin drawing.
Once you have glued on your decorative details, allow to dry and then you’re done with your homemade Thanksgiving placemats!
Finished Woven Placemat Craft
Unfortunately these paper placemats are a one time use, but you could easily make the again and again.
Change up the colors for other holidays and events.
FREE PRINTABLE PLACEMATS FOR KIDS
If you would rather just download & print your Thanksgiving paper placemats (or for other events), then we have a big list of printable placemats here at Kids Activities Blog:
- Check out this big list of Thanksgiving placemat craft ideas for kids!
- These Thanksgiving coloring pages include a set of printable Thanksgiving placemats to be printed on legal size paper.
- I love these Thanksgiving placemats preschool age kids and up will love to color!
- These printable Thanksgiving placemats are easy to make and use.
- Check out these Thanksgiving coloring placemats that feature a fork maze and fox. You can also download, print and decorate the place cards and napkin rings that match.
- This cool autumn leaves printable placemat template works really well with watercolor paint and makes a colorfully lovely Thanksgiving table decoration.
- Download & print these cute Christmas placemats kids can color and decorate.
- These printable holiday placemats are snowman placemats and will bring a delightful activity to any winter meal.
- Yay for spring and this April placemat coloring page.
- These printable placemats can be used year round and feature a globe and the message to reduce, reuse and recycle.
Here is where you can find a ton more Thanksgiving crafts for kids <–over 190 ideas!
How did your woven construction paper Thanksgiving placemat craft turn out?