Need a fun and quick tutorial to learn how to draw a leaf? You’re in the right place! Just download and print our two-page step-by-step leaf sketch tutorial, follow the steps, and you and your kid will be drawing cute leaves in no time! Use this easy leaf sketch guide at home or in the classroom.
Make A Leaf Drawing For Kids
We created this leaf drawing tutorial with kids in mind, so everyone can do it, even young kids or beginners. Learning how to draw a cartoon leaf helps kids increase their imagination, enhance their fine motor and coordination skills, and develop a healthy way of displaying their emotions. Click the green button to print our how to draw a simple leaf printable tutorial before getting started.
This leaf drawing tutorial is easier to follow with a visual guide. It is simple enough for younger kids or beginners. Once your kids get comfortable with drawing they will start feeling more creative and ready to continue an artistic journey. Grab your pencil and let’s get started!
How To Draw A Leaf Step By Step – Easy
Follow this easy how to draw a leaf step-by-step tutorial and you will be drawing your own in no time!
Let’s start! First, draw a circle.
Add an oval right next to it.
Draw a bigger oval, this time make it horizontal.
Erase extra lines.
Let’s add details! Draw curved lines to make a stem.
Amazing job! Get creative and add different details. Good job! Your leaf drawing is all done! Get your crayons and give it some color!
Download Simple Leaf Drawing PDF File:
This article contains affiliate links.
Recommended Drawing Supplies
- For drawing the outline, a simple pencil can work great.
- You will need an eraser!
- Colored pencils are great for coloring in the bat.
- Create a bolder, solid look using fine markers.
- Gel pens come in any color you can imagine.
- Don’t forget a pencil sharpener.
You can find LOADS of super fun coloring pages for kids & adults here. Have fun!
More Easy Drawing Lessons For Kids
- How to draw a leaf – use this step-by-step instruction set for making your own beautiful leaf drawing
- How to draw an elephant – this is an easy tutorial on drawing a flower
- How to draw Pikachu – OK, this is one of my favorites! Make your own easy Pikachu drawing
- How to draw a panda – Make your own cute pig drawing by following these instructions
- How to draw a turkey – kids can make their own tree drawing by following along these printable steps
- How to draw Sonic the Hedgehog – simple steps to making a Sonic the Hedgehog drawing
- How to draw a fox – make a beautiful fox drawing with this drawing tutorial
- How to draw a turtle– easy steps for making a turtle drawing
- See all of our printable tutorials on how to draw <–by clicking here!
Great Books For More Drawing Fun
The Big Drawing Book
By following the very simple step-by-steps in this fun drawing book you can draw dolphins diving in the sea, knights guarding a castle, monster faces, buzzing bees, and lots, lots more.
Drawing Doodling and Coloring
An excellent book filled with doodling, drawing and coloring activities. On some of the pages you’ll find ideas for what to do, but you can do whatever you like.
Write and Draw Your Own Comics
Write and Draw Your Own Comics is full of inspiring ideas for all kinds of different stories, with writing tips to help you on your way. for kids who want to tell stories, but gravitate toward pictures. It has a mix of partially-drawn comics and blank panels with intro comics as instructions – lots of space for kids to draw their own comics!
More Nature Drawing and Coloring Pages From Kids Activities Blog:
- Learn how to draw a flower step by step.
- Want to learn to draw a sunflower?
- You can also learn how to draw a tree!
- We can also teach you to draw an evergreen tree.
- Also, we have a rose step by step drawing tutorial!
How did your leaf drawing turn out? Comment below, we’d love to hear from you!