Showing our gratitude is important throughout the entire year. During the holidays though, it takes on new meaning and we get extra creative showing our thanks. It’s a good time to stop and remember the great things in our lives.
If you’re looking for ways to get your kids more involved in showing their appreciation, here are some fun activities. We found these ideas in our It’s Playtime! link-up we host every Wednesday.
10 Gratitude Activities for Kids
1. Daily Gratitude Notes - Here are some great tips on being grateful every day of the year!
2. Thankful Turkey Gift - If you enjoy giving to show your thanks, here is a fun turkey candy bar wrapper your kids can help make.
3. Gratitude Jar - Make a leaf covered jar to hold all of the things you are thankful for. Write down a new one each day and watch the jar fill up.
4. Who-Who’s Thankful Can - Create a special place to write your thank-you’s by making this turkey pencil can.
5. Gratitude Wreath - Using your hand as the template on paper; cut, trace and glue to a paper plate wreath and write in what you’re thankful for.
6. Fill-in-the-Blank Thank You Cards - Teach your little ones to send thank you cards early by printing these fill-in-the-blank cards and having them write in the details.
7. Thankful Coloring Page - Color and fill-in-the-blanks of this cute (and free) Thanksgiving printable.
8. Thankful Turkey - Make a paper turkey and fill all of his feathers with the things you are thankful for.
9. Thankfulness Trees - Make a tree out of construction paper and cut out paper leaves to add. Write the things you are grateful for on the leaves!
10. Gratitude Tree - This gorgeous craft makes a great Thanksgiving centerpiece. Use real tree branches in a glass container to hang tags filled with the things your thankful for.
Come back at 4pm every Wednesday to show us YOUR kids activities!