The Thanksgiving season is the perfect time to make a turkey craft with kids using a recycled can and the free printable turkey craft template. Kids of all ages can participate in this Thanksgiving craft whether in the classroom or at home.
Make a Thankful Turkey Pencil Holder Craft
Every Thanksgiving we like to journal the things we are most thankful for. This Thankful Turkey Craft with Free Printable makes a super cute pen and pencil holder which works perfectly with your gratitude journal. Pair this finished pencil holder turkey with a gratitude journal for a sweet gift of thankfulness.
Related: Download this Kids Gratitude Journal Printable
This article contains affiliate links.
- Free Thanksgiving Turkey Template Printable (see step 1 below)
- Cardstock – to print the turkey template
- Scissors or preschool training scissors
- Clean Tin Can
- Orange Paint
- Brown Paint
- Googly Eyes
- Paper Bag – Rip it into pieces
Download & print the turkey template on card stock:
Cut out the turkey template pieces with scissors.
Glue the scraps of the paper bag ripped into small pieces to the sides of the can. Then, coat that with glue.
When the glue dries, add the wings.
Paint the can turkey body and the wings brown.
Paint the feet, tail feathers, and the beak orange.
Next, fold the beak, and glue half of the beak down so that your turkey has a mouth.
Glue googly eyes, and paint some eyebrows over them with orange paint.
Your Thankful Turkey Can Pencil Holder
Fill your Thankful turkey can with pencils and pens. Every day, sit down and journal what things are you most thankful for?
Related: Here is a simple way to make a gratitude journal for kids
Set aside some family time so that everyone can share what they are grateful for!
MORE GRATITUDE ACTIVITIES From Kids Activities Blog
- Make a gratitude tree together
- Teaching what gratitude for kids is all about
- Easy thank you notes for kids
- Gratitude journaling ideas for kids and adults
- What are you grateful for coloring pages
- Printable horn of plenty craft for kids
- Free gratitude cards to print and decorate
- Gratitude activities for kids
How did your thankful turkey can craft turn out? Are you making an extra Thanksgiving craft to give as a gift?