Celebrate the holidays with this Christmas craft for kids. Let them use some simple household items to make a wreath all their own. Kids Activities Blog wishes you and your family a very Merry Christmas!
Christmas Craft for Kids
Our main goal during the holidays is to spend time together as a family connecting and having fun. Since December is so busy, I love to find simple open-ended activities and crafts that my kids can do without too much guidance from me.
This week we decided to set up a wreath making station using materials we already had around the house. My kids loved making Spooky Halloween wreaths for their bedroom doors, so we decided to decorate their doors again for Christmas.
- paper plate
- paint dobbers
- embellishments from around the house (ribbon, tissue paper, buttons, sequins, etc)
- Set up your materials where they are easily accessible for your kids. Take into account the ages and abilities and only set out materials that are age appropriate for your child.
- Let the kids start creating!
- Sit down and join them and do your own creating too! This was probably my favorite part. In addition to enjoying crafting with my kids, it was a simple way for me to show my toddler how to appropriately use some of the materials that she was unfamiliar with (without doing her project for her).
- Let your wreaths dry and then hang them up as a festive Christmas decoration!
Not only is this activity super easy, but you can also leave the materials out for several hours (depending on your kid’s ages) and kids can come back again and again and add to their creations or make a new one. You could easily have a wreath for every door in your house when you are done!
More Christmas Crafts for Kids
We have tons of great Christmas crafts for kids. From how to make a wreath to homemade ornaments to wonderful Advent calendars. There are tons of Christmas crafts and kids activities to browse through.