Our super easy Christmas tree art is the perfect project for kids to do this holiday season. It’s quick, easy, inexpensive, and just a little bit messy!
This easy Christmas craft for kids is easy Christmas art that may even double as Christmas decorations for future years. We here at Kids Activities Blog love finding easy art projects that become family activities and when the result becomes a treasure, that is a bonus! This Christmas Resist Painting project is super cute.
Christmas Tree Art for Kids
In the past, we have created a resist painting letter with tape so the painting is the opposite of what we did with this project. Peeling the tape off the canvas is always a joy for the kids!
These painting projects work well with younger children because they can get messy and super creative. Seeing the design come alive after the tape or stencil is removed is fun and exciting for everyone involved in the process.
The great thing about resist painting is that it is easy and inexpensive.
Supplies needed to make Christmas tree art
- Tape or a stencil to create your design
- Small canvas
- Acrylic paint
- Glitter (just for fun, you don’t need it)
Instructions to make Christmas tree art
The easiest way to make our Christmas tree art is for kids to use a stencil. This is perfect for little fingers as they learn to hold down the stencil while painting with the other hand. To make this art project a little more challenging help them use tape to create a Christmas tree.
The next step is to paint your Christmas tree. We used two coats of paint for ours.
Don’t forget to add some sparkle to your Christmas tree with glitter.
Craft tip: You won’t need to use glue if you sprinkle it on while the paint is still wet.
Once your paint is dry you can peel the tape off to reveal your Christmas tree design.
Our finished Christmas tree art for kids
- Acrylic paint
- Place the stencil over the canvas, or outline a Christmas tree on the canvas using tape.
- Paint over your design.
- Sprinkle glitter over the top while the paint is still wet.
- Set aside to dry and then peel the tape off.
More Christmas Arts and Crafts from kids activities blog
Do you need even more Christmas arts and crafts for kids to try this holiday season? Here are some other activities, crafts, and art projects that are festively fun.
- Make this cheerful and bright Christmas slime
- We have 20+ easy Christmas tree ornaments for kids to make
- We also have 20 fun Santa crafts for kids
- Don’t forget the 20 adorable gingerbread men crafts
- Make a winter paper plate snow globe
- Here’s an easy cardboard Christmas tree craft
Have you made our Christmas tree art with your kids?