Today we have a fun activity that will help kids of all ages learn basic shapes – with our shape coloring pages! Kids of all ages will love these shapes coloring pages. Download and print our free printable shapes pdf files and grab your coloring supplies. This engaging coloring activity includes two easy shape coloring pages and is ideal for a quiet day in or for a classroom activity. You can use this shape coloring page in the classroom or at home!
The Kids Activities Blog coloring pages have been downloaded over 100K times in just the last year or two!
Printable Shape Coloring Pages
These shape coloring pages are a great start for young learners who are getting to know everything about simple shapes. Shape recognition is an important part of child development, as it’s not just about being able to spot basic shapes. Learning about different shapes will help both little kids and older kids build early math skills as they develop visual perception skills. Download and print your shape coloring page now.
Especially for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarteners, recognition of shapes is crucial for learning how to read as shapes are the first symbols children learn to interpret. Once children develop a strong shape recognition skill, learning how to read will become a much easier process. As for older kids, the best way to practice these skills is through tracing and worksheets, which is something you can absolutely do with these coloring sheets. Older kids will also have an easier time learning shape name concepts, such as “sides”, “surfaces”, “straight lines”, “curvy lines”… You can practice these terms over time with different coloring pages.
Related: Take a look at these preschool rectangle worksheets!
This article contains affiliate links.
1. Easy Shape Coloring Page
Our first shape coloring page features so many fun shapes, such as: a star, a triangle, a square, a circle, and a hexagon. A hexagon is a figure that has 6 sides. Kids can use different colors to color each of them as they learn about shapes – older kids can even write down each shape name underneath the pictures.
2. Shape Printables Coloring Page
Our second shape coloring page features slightly more complex shapes but is still perfect for kids of all ages. It includes a rhombus, a rectangle, a double circle, and a heart. This coloring sheet is the perfect opportunity for kids to work on their motor skills as they can trace each figure after coloring it.
Download & Print Free Shape Coloring Pages PDF File Here:
This shapes coloring page is sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
SUPPLIES Recommended FOR SHAPE COLORING SHEETS
- Something to color with: favorite crayons, colored pencils, markers, paint, water colors…
- (Optional) Something to cut with: scissors or safety scissors
- (Optional) Something to glue with: glue stick, rubber cement, school glue
- The printed shape coloring pages template pdf — see button below to download & print
Developmental Benefits of Coloring Pages
We may think of coloring pages as just fun, but they also have some really cool benefits for both kids and adults:
- For kids: Fine motor skill development and hand-eye coordination develop with the action of coloring or painting coloring pages. It also helps with learning patterns, color recognition, structure of drawing and so much more!
- For adults: Relaxation, deep breathing and low-set up creativity are enhanced with coloring pages.
More Printable Worksheets From Kids Activities Blog
These are our favorite games and activities from Kids Activities Blog for children to learn about shapes, colors, and more!
- This I am egg game is a great way to learn about shapes.
- Check out this prewriting shapes by age chart to get an idea of what your little one should know by each age.
- Get our free learning shapes for toddlers printable for a complete shape recognition lesson.
- Make your own shape sorter for a fun toy that helps with fine motor skills!
- Looking for a geometric shapes game? We’ve got just what you need.
- In fact, we have even more math shape games for your little ones.
- These shape monsters are a fun way to learn about shapes and colors.
- We love shapes in nature too – so let’s go out and explore with this fun outdoors scavenger hunt.
- Check out these amazing color worksheets for kids.
- Make a geoboard so kids can learn how to make their own shapes!
- We have coloring pages from Disney’s Up! Click here.
What was your favorite shape coloring page?