One of my favorite things to make recently has been chocolate bark. It is such an awesome sweet treat because it’s easy to do and you can be really creative. The possibilities of ways to make this really are endless.
Grab some chocolate chips and your favorite toppings and you’ve got yourself a delicious dessert!
What is Chocolate Bark?
Chocolate bark is a type of confectionery made from melted chocolate spread thin and topped with favorite ingredients like nuts, dried fruits, candies or even savory things like pretzels
How to make Chocolate Bark
Chocolate bark is relatively easy to make and can be customize for your personal tastes. You can use different types of chocolate, such as dark, milk, or white chocolate, and add various toppings to create a unique flavor and texture combination.
Our Favorite Chocolate Bark Toppings
- Nuts: almonds, hazelnuts, pistachios, pecans, walnuts
- Dried fruits: raisins, cranberries, apricots cut into small pieces, cherries, goji berries
- Seeds: sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, sesame seeds
- Coconut: shredded or flaked coconut
- Candied citrus peel
- Cookies: Crushed Oreos, graham crackers, Biscoff cookies, animal crackers
- Edible decorations: sprinkles, edible glitter, colored sugar
- Sea salt
Best Chocolate Bark Ideas
1. Cookies and Cream Bark Recipe
Kids will love stirring the mini Oreo Cookies into the melted white candy coating then adding lots of colorful sprinkles on top in this Cookies & Cream Bark recipe from Kids Activities Blog!
2. Lovely S’mores Bark Recipe
You won’t mess with this amazingly sweet and easy S’Mores Bark recipe from Love and Marriage.
3. Easy Rolo Pretzel Bark Recipe
The chocolate and caramel combination is a classic you’ll always love! Get this Rolo Pretzel Bark recipe from Chef In Training and fall in love with classics!
4. Frozen-Inspired Chocolate Bark Recipe
For your Frozen fans, here’s Elsa Bark‘s recipe from Love and Marriage! Your little Elsa and Ana will never let it go!
5. Magical Unicorn Chocolate Bark Recipe
Have a magical chocolate experience with this Unicorn Bark recipe by About.com!
6. Creamy Peanut Butter Cup Bark Recipe
Who said peanut butter can’t turn into chocolate bark? Make it into reality with this Peanut Butter Cup Bark recipe from Love and Olive Oil.
7. Easy Pumpkin Spice Bark Recipe
Whether it’s Halloween or just a regular day, a Pumpkin Spice Bark recipe from Premeditated Left Overs can never go wrong!
8. Star Wars-Inspired Galactic Bark Recipe
The Force will always be with you when you make this amazing Star Wars Galactic Bark recipe by Pink Cake Plate.
9. Fun Cookie Monster Bark Recipe
Hope your kiddos will not turn into chocolate monsters when you make this fun Cookie Monster Bark recipe by House of Yum!
10. Sweet and Salty Bark Recipe
Get the right balance of sweet and salty in this amazing Sweet & Salty Bark recipe from Just A Taste!
11. Fun Circus Cookie Bark Recipe
You’ll love how crazy this Circus Cookie Bark by Sugar & Cloth can get! The kids will go loco over it too!
12. Sweet Cake Batter Bark Recipe
This Cake Batter Bark recipe from How Sweet It Is combines cake and chocolate perfectly well.
13. Cute Minions-Inspired Bark Recipe
Despicable is lovable too when you make this cute Minions Bark recipe from Mom Endeavors. You’ll get “illuminated” for sure!
14. Easy Banana Split Bark Recipe
Have a banana-fun day with this amazingly easy Banana Split Bark recipe by Fresh April Flours.
15. Yummy Shark Bark Recipe
Baby, Mommy, Daddy, and even the Grandpa and Grandma sharks will fall in love with this yummy Shark Bark recipe from Sandy Toes and Popsicles!
16. Cute Gummy Bear Bark Recipe
This Gummy Bear Bark from Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice is a sure win for those little hands!
17. Gingerbread Cookie Bark Recipe
Make this Gingerbread Cookie Bark recipe from Kleinworth & Co any time of the year!
18. Colorful Rainbow Bark Recipe
This colorful Rainbow Bark recipe by Hello Wonderful is so good and so fun to make.
Holiday Candy Bark Recipes
19. Leprechaun-Inspired Chocolate Bark
Have a wonderful St. Patrick’s day along with this cool Leprechaun Bark recipe by Kids Activities Blog.
20. Cute Snowman Bark Recipe
Upgrade your Christmas celebration as you make this cute Snowman Bark recipe from The Decorated Cookie.
21. Christmas Reindeer Bark Recipe
Add some Reindeer Bark to your snowman barks this Christmas. Thanks to It’s Always Autumn for this recipe!
22. Lovely Valentine Bark Recipe
Spread the love with this Valentine Bark recipe by Kids Activities Blog.
23. Amazing Easter Bark Recipe
Celebrate Easter with goodness, sweetness, and this Easter Bark recipe from Five Heart Home.
24. Patriotic Chocolate Bark Recipe
This Red White and Blue Bark recipe from Life With The Crust Off will let you celebrate the Fourth of July with patriotic sweetness!
25. Fun Halloween Bark Recipe
This Halloween Bark from The Girl Who Ate Everything is perfect for a fun trick or treat night!
More Chocolate Bark Ideas
- S’mores Bark Recipe (Simple Valentine’s Day S’mores Bark Dessert Recipe)
- Halloween bark recipe (Homemade Halloween Bark)
- Peppermint bark recipe (How to Make Peppermint Bark)
- Cookie bark recipe (Leprechaun Cookie Bark)
- Confetti bark recipe (Delightful Cookies and Cream Funfetti Bark Recipe)
More Chocolate Recipes
- Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream
- Hot Chocolate Cupcakes
- Chocolate Fudge Stick Bears
- Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
Did you and your family enjoy these chocolate bark recipes? Let us know in the comments below, we’d love to hear!