These felt crafts for kids are great for kids of all ages, particularly: preschoolers and kindergarten kids! You can make super cute felt button flower magnets which makes it a great craft whether you’re at home or in the classroom. These felt crafts for kids are sure to be a hit with yours!
Felt Crafts For Preschool Kids
This simple preschool felt craft for kids needs only two supplies: felt and magnets. If you prefer, or if it’s easier for the kids to cut, you can use card stock instead of the felt. To make this project go faster, especially if it’s in a group or classroom setting, grown ups can cut the flowers out ahead of time.
Related: More magnet crafts
I freehanded the flowers for this project, but you can use the flower shaped template from this craft if you like or for more advanced flower shape, use these simple flower coloring pages. Watch this Kids Activities Blog video tutorial to learn how to make these or follow along with the instructions.
Video: Felt Crafts For Preschoolers
Supplies Needed To Make These Felt Flower Crafts For Preschoolers
- Felt or card stock
- Felt glue or hot glue gun*
- (Optional) pen or pencil
*Adult supervision is recommended if using a hot glue gun.
How To Make These Felt Flower Magnet Crafts
Cut flowers from felt or card stock using scissors. With younger kids that haven’t developed enough fine motor skills to use scissors to cut felt, you can help them or pre-cut the flowers ahead of time.
Set the cut out petals on a flat surface and then glue a button to the center of the flower with hot glue or regular craft glue. Try different button variations:
- Smaller buttons can be grouped in the center of the flower instead of one center button.
- Vintage buttons make the flowers unique and using recycled buttons is a fun way to remember clothing or those who wore them.
- Check your Dollar Tree, Amazon or Hobby Lobby for a fun assortment of buttons to use in this quick craft.
Glue a magnet to the back of the flower.
Let everything dry before hanging the finished product on the fridge!
Felt Button Flower Craft Magnets
- If you child prefers, he/she can cut out circle shapes instead of flower shapes. They are easier and still look like pretty flowers in a field!
- These are great for holding up your child’s art projects or for displaying on the classroom file cabinets.
- A fun and colorful idea any time of year, not just for spring or summer. After all, we love flowers all year long!
- You can add stems instead of magnets to your felt flowers by making a circular wind at the end of the wire of floral wire or chenille stem wire or pipe cleaner segment and then gluing it to the back of the felt flower where the magnet would be. Then you can give a button flower bouquet as a gift…yes, these are great mother’s day crafts!
Hope you have fun!
- Felt or card stock
- Felt glue or hot glue gun
- Cut flowers from felt or card stock.
- Glue a button to the center of the flower.
- Glue a magnet to the back of the flower.
- Let everything dry before hanging on the fridge!
More Felt Crafts From Kids Activities Blog
- You can use felt to make this cute felt flower snake craft.
- This portable felt activity binder is great for toddlers and preschoolers.
- You should try out this winter felt play activity.
- How cute are these felt heart puppets?
- This felt button chain quiet activity is great for preschoolers.
- Try these mess free activities for toddlers!
- I love this DIY felt succulent garden!
- Check out these 14 flower coloring pages!
- Make this popsicle stick flower craft!
More Magnet Crafts From Kids Activities Blog
Make acronyms with this great scrabble magnets craft.
How did your flower felt craft turn out?