Super Cute Printable Kids Veterinarian Set for Pretend Play
Let’s open up a pretend veterinary office with these fun kids veterinarian kit pretend play printables! With these vet role play free printables, your little animal lover can tend their real pet, pretend pets or even their stuffed pets with official house calls.
How This Veterinarian Pretend Play Can Benefit Your Child
Pretend play is a great way to help your child grow. Pretend play not only helps your child develop and understand language better, but helps with their social skills.
Plus, it helps your child experiment with emotional roles and social roles and teaches cooperative play like becoming a little veterinarian.
It also helps teach your animal-loving kid problem solving skills as well.
This article contains affiliate links.
Vet Pretend Play Set Printables
I’m sure your house is full of stuffed animals just waiting to be checked up! One plush dog could have the flu, the other could have a broken leg, one might need a vaccine or have a fever…
Veterinarian Kit Printables Pack includes
This free printable play pack is a 4 piece set that can be printed on regular sized paper at home on 3 pages:
- 1 page with a printable veterinary ID badge name tag and a vet office sign.
- 1 page with a health form to fill out (pet’s name, drawing of a pet, checking the, symptoms, ordering additional tests, choosing a treatment and writing down the diagnosis).
- 1 page with a canine skeleton x-ray films to cut and glue on dark paper. Tip: color the spaces between ribs with a black marker – so much easier than cutting.
Download & Print Free Veterinarian Kit PDF Files Here
How To Make The Vet Play Printables More Real
Help your child get into the veterinarian pretend play a little more by making everything a little more official for that line of waiting animal patients lead by the plush puppy.
- You can take a picture of your little vets and put it on their veterinary ID badge customizing it with their personal information. Take it a step further and laminate it and then add a lanyard.
- Take and print pictures of your real pets or their stuffed pets and add it to the health forms.
- Use a clipboard or file folder to add the health forms for easy access to treatment of the sick pup.
- You could create a full kids play kit complete with band aids, gauze, and other simple and safe health items as toy medical tools and making a handy doctor’s bag to keep everything together.
- I am even imagining the creation of a cone collar to keep those plush pals from biting at the new stitches.
Our Favorite Vet Play Sets
If you want to add some fun veterinarian set toys, here are several of our favorites and would make the perfect gift for any child with the love of animals:
- Melissa & Doug Examine and Treat Pet Vet Play Set – includes a plush dog and plus cat, pretend play vet, medical equipment and a handy tote bag for easy storage to make house calls anywhere. The medical equipment includes: stethoscope, thermometer, syringe, ear scope, tweezers, clamp, cast, bandages, tubs of pretend treatments and ointments, and a reusable double sided checklist for office visits
- TOY Life Dr Vet Kit for Kids – This vet play kit comes with a plush puppy and a vet cage as well as a 24-piece collection of other vet supplies in a teal vet bag
- Add on this Melissa & Doug Veterinarian Role Play Costume which is super cute for young animal lovers
More Pretend Play Printables & Play Ideas from Kids Activities Blog
- Why not have one kid be the vet and other kids be the imaginary critters – they can use these animal printables!
- Or let them become a secret agent or a FBI agent with the pretend play ID cards for kids.
- Playing doctor has to be the most popular imaginative play amongst kids and you can make an awesome doctor’s pretend play kit for them using household items.
- Also check the dramatic play idea as it is super fun, frugal and environment friendly!
Did your little vet love the printable vet set?
Hi. I love this idea! Thanks for taking the time to post all of your wonderful free resources.
I’m unable to access the vet pretend play printables. Could you give me access through your site or email me with them? Thank you!
Hi, Stephanie! I just emailed you!
I dont know how to print it
I emailed you the file so hopefully that helps! Just open and print 🙂 Have fun!
Hi, this looks fab but how do you download the printables?
Hi, Katie! There is an area that you click on in the post to download. You enter your email address, and then they are sent to you. I just emailed them over, though, so you should be all set! Have fun!
Hi! So cute. The download button does not seem to be working for me. Would you mind emailing them to me as well? Thanks!!
Hi, Kristi! I’m sorry about that! I just tried and it worked for me. I emailed them to you, enjoy! 🙂
Hi! I am trying to print this but the button does not seem to have a link attached.
Hi Lauren! So sorry it didn’t work for you! I just tried, and it worked for me, so I emailed it over to you. Enjoy!