30 Best Leaf Art & Craft Ideas for Kids
Let’s make leaf art and crafts from leaves. Leaves are so pretty on their own and have inspired us to make this collection of the best fall leaf crafts for kids of all ages. From traditional leaf crafts to painting with leaves to make leaf art, we have a leaf craft idea for kids that is perfect for home or in the classroom.
Leaf Arts & Crafts for Kids
There is so much beauty in the fall leaves and autumn brings with it oodles of crafting with leaves and learning opportunities for our kids no matter the age:
- Toddlers first experienced leaves by picking them up off the ground and marveling at what they have found.
- Preschoolers may have experienced running through a pile of leaves while giggling.
- Kindergartners and older kids help with the raking so a large leaf pile can be created to jump into!
Fall leaves and kids just go together so let’s be inspired into leaf art projects!
This post contains affiliate links.
Fall Leaves for Crafts & Leaf Art Projects
If you live in an area where there are piles of autumn leaves, start by sending the kids outside on a leaf scavenger hunt to find the perfect crafting leaf. If these leaf crafts look like fun but you don’t live where fall is turning your leaves beautiful colors, you can buy these pretend leaves that will do the trick!
FAvorite Leaf Craft Ideas for Kids
1. Traditional Tissue Paper Crumple Craft
Tissue paper leaves are a throwback to your own school days, and a great way to share stories with your kiddos.
2. Sparkly Glitter Leaf Craft
Mom will manage the hot glue while the kids take charge of the glitter in this sparkly leaf craft from Craft Your Happiness.
FAvorite Leaf Art Projects
3. Leaf Craft Turns to Leaf Art
More than just an art project, these Warhol inspired leaves create a wonderful learning opportunity!
Leaves Art Ideas for Kids
4. Leaf Watercolor Painting
Use our printable leaf placemat template as the inspiration for your own watercolor leaf painting. It doesn’t matter what colors you use! Let’s make colorful fall leaves.
5. Autumn Sewing Cards
Autumn leaf sewing cards are easy when you use this free printable. So fun!
6. Marble Leaf Art Project
Preschoolers will have a blast making this colorful leaf marble art from I Heart Arts N Crafts.
7. Leaf Mosaic Art
Create a leaf mosaic with beans! Kids love this fun fall leaf craft from Craft Whack.
Easy Leaf Art & Craft Ideas
8. Make a Leaf Suncatcher
Bring the outside inside and make these really fun leaf suncatcher crafts from Happy Hooligans.
9. Leaf Turkey Craft
Make Crafty Morning‘s Thanksgiving turkey, with leaves as the feathers!
10. Leaf Rubbing Ideas
Remember doing leaf rubbings when you were a kid? Well, they’re still awesome!
11. Leaf Fairy Craft
This autumn fairy, from The Magic Onions, is adorable! The best part is that you can gather materials during your next nature walk!
Unique Leaf Art Kids Can Make
12. Watercolor Fall Leaf Craft
Nurture Store‘s cute autumn leaf letter game is fun and really easy to create.
13. Make Leaf Prints on Rocks
While you are outside, pick up some leaves AND some rocks for this really cool leaf stamping on rocks idea from Projects with Kids.
14. Explore Chalk Leaf Art
Chalk markers plus leaves = Art Bar Blog‘s gorgeous one-of-a-kind art. Chalk markers are a really fun idea for many fall crafts. The set of chalk markers we love is here.
15. Make Leaf People Craft
Your creative little ones will love making Fantastic Fun & Learning‘s leaf people!
16. Use Yarn for Kids Leaf Art
Use the templates from Kids Craft Room to create these fun wrapped yarn fall leaves in bright colors!
17. Stained Glass Leaves
Making Ginger Casa‘s stained glass leaves is fun for kids, and a cool way to decorate the house for autumn.
Leaf Paper Craft Ideas
18. Make a Color Changing Leaf Craft
This cleaver use of paper plates and a leaf cut out creates a color wheel of sorts that allows the leaf to change colors in the autumn from Non Toy Gifts.
19. Make a Leaf Sticky Wall
These two clever leaf sticky wall ideas are so much fun!
Art with Leaves
20. Leaf Doodling
Metallic Sharpies turn this leaf doodling craft from The Artful Parent into something absolutely beautiful.
21. Craft Animals Out of Fall Leaves
This genius use of autumn leaves for crafting comes from the blog Kokoko Kids and has all sorts of lovely ways to make fall leaves look playful.
Crafts from Leaves
22. Leaf Bowl Craft
From gathering the leaves to popping the balloon, making Made With Happy‘s leaf bowl couldn’t be easier or more fun.
23. Glue and Salt Leaves Craft
Use Mess for Less‘ free printable to make pretty glue and salt leaves your kids will love hanging up!
24. Leaf Lantern Craft
Light up the dark fall evenings with Red Ted Art‘s leaf lanterns. The video above shows the basic lantern she used to make her original idea of the leaf lantern you can see when you click through to the leaf lantern tutorial.
25. Toilet Paper Roll Fall Tree
Paint your own colorful fall tree using recycled toilet paper rolls with this tutorial from Crafty Morning.
26. Make Fall People Out of Leaves
Use leaves as hair for Glued to My Crafts Blog‘s fun fall men you can create.
27. Autumn Leaf Craft for Toddlers
This fall leaf craft from No Time for Flashcards is perfect for toddlers. It’s so easy!
28. Make Foxes from Leaves
This is probably my favorite leaf craft for kids of all. These adorable leaf foxes are as fun to make as they are to display. Grab all the instructions over at Easy Peasy and Fun.
Leaf Activities for Kids
29. What Are Leaves?
Do your kids really understand what leaves are? This wonderful resource from Science With Me is the perfect way to teach kids all about leaves.
30. Leaf Shape Exercise
Teaching children about shapes becomes a fun game with the help of fallen leaves.
More Fall Crafts & Fun from Kids Activities Blog
- Get your crayons ready for these fall coloring pages!
- Or download and print these leaf coloring pages that double as a leaf template for leaf shaped crafts.
- Kids can make their own leaf drawing with this simple how to draw a leaf step by step guide.
- Fall activity sheets are sure to keep your little ones entertained.
- These tree coloring pages are full of autumn leaves in need of some fall color.
- I made a list of fall crafts your whole family will love!
- Cool and rainy days call for fall crafts for kids
- This pumpkin book craft is sure to be a hit!
- Pumpkin activities are really “gourd” ways to teach your little ones!
- Go find some fall leaves on our nature scavenger hunt that works great even for younger kids because no reading is required.
- The 50 fall activities for kids are all of our favorites!
Which of the fall leaf crafts for kids are you going to try first? Which leaf craft is your favorite?