12 Activity Bag Book Ideas for Kids
Need some busy bag ideas for kids? We have 12 great ideas for the best activity bags for toddlers and preschoolers! Some of these busy bags are even great for kindergarten aged kids as well. Kids of all ages will enjoy these activity bag ideas. Perfect for at home or on the go.
Busy Bag Ideas For Kids
We love Activity Bags for kids!
We first made them for Christmas a couple of years ago – instead of the traditional advent, we grabbed a stack of bags and filled them with a fun family activity that we could do together as we looked forward to the holiday season.
Then I saw this portable Activity Kit , from Mama, Papa, Bubba – what a great way to bring the fun of our “grab bag” of ideas on the road!
This post contains affiliate links.
Related: Speaking of busy bags, have you seen this recess bag?
Supplies Needed To make Your Own Portable Activity Busy Bag Book for Kids
Supplies to make the binder:
- Three ring binder pencil bags
- White Card Stock paper – one-half a sheet per bag/page
- Colorful Pipe Cleaners
Video: Fun and Simple Activity and Busy Bag Ideas
How To Make A Busy Bag For Toddlers and Preschoolers
Take each pencil pouch and place card stock in them.
We used the card stock paper to add some durability to the bags. They kind off flop without the extra support and it is harder to see the contents. All of the activity ideas we put in our bags are quiet, low-mess, and easy to transport.
Add all the different activities into each bag.
Tie them all together with some pipe cleaners to keep them together.
Alternative Storage Ideas:
Place them all in a bin or a large binder to keep them together.
Some of our Favorite Activity Book Pages pages include:
1. Pipe Cleaner Play Idea
Make funky disguises and/or with pipe-cleaners. It’s another activity inspired by our 101 Kids Activities book.
2. Exploring Magnification
Magnification. Give your kids a magnifying glass and a collection of small objects (bugs, shells, coins, etc).
3. Cookie Cutter Stencil Idea
Play with cookie cutter stencils and DIY crayons – those rainbow crayons are nifty!
4. Reflective Art Idea
Give your kids a sheet of aluminum foil and some markers to make reflective art.
Fun Busy Bag Quiet Time Activities
5. Funky Felt Face Idea
Funky Felt Face pieces – use the felt shapes to create silly faces.
6. Pom Pom Drop Idea
Fine Motor pom-pom drop – stuff the pom-poms through the tube. You’d be amazed at how entertaining that is to a kiddo!
7. Fun Magnet Ideas
Magnetics – along with some metal lids. Build structures with the magnets on the lids
8. I Spy Ideas
Craft Stick I-Spy Dominos. Make matches and trains with these DIY pieces – the activity can be found in our book, 101 Kids Activities.
9. Sewing Practice Ideas
Sewing Practice. Thread shoelaces through a punched card. Here are some printables for sewing practice. .
Educational Bag Ideas for Kids
10. Explore Fractions
Explore fractions with cut up mini-paper plates. See how many combinations make a whole.
11. Matching Game Ideas
Give your kids a collection of small items and math cards. Have them match the items to the cards.
12. Learning Vocabulary Ideas
Practice sounding out words with a word-slide made from painters chips.
12. Copy and Erase Ideas
Copy and Erase. The plastic windows of the activity bags are perfect to use as a dry erase “board”. Add a piece of felt to be your eraser.
More Fun Ideas For Toddlers and Preschoolers From Kids Activities Blog
- We have 30 more easy activities for 2 year olds. They’re so much fun!
- On a time crunch? No problem! We have 40+ quick AND easy activities for 2 year olds as well.
- These are 80 of the BEST toddler activities for two year olds.
- Check out these 13 very best sensory activities for toddlers.
- You will love these 15 fun fine motor skill activities for toddlers.
- These no prep kids games will keep your preschooler busy for hours!
- Want some educational activities? We’ve got them! Check out these free math activities for preschoolers.
- Get crafty with these fall crafts for toddlers.
- Fuel your child’s creative side with this amazing preschool snow painting craft.
- These gifts for preschoolers are great for keeping your little one busy.
- Get technical with this build a robot worksheet.
- Need a quick activity to hold your child’s attention? We have plenty of short activities for preschoolers that are quick to set up.
What did you put in your activity bags? Do you have anymore busy bag ideas?