21 Deep Cleaning Hacks that Make Your Life Easier Today!
You don’t need to spend a ton of time or buy fancy products to get your house spic-and-span. These deep cleaning hacks will help you make the most out of your time, and your wallet!
Deep Cleaning Hacks and Tips
Use Items You Already Have Around The House In Your Deep Cleaning
You can use a lot of things you already have at home to clean your house, sometimes better than store bought products. This post contains affiliate links.
1. Cleaning With Baking Soda and Vinegar Hacks
Raid your pantry! Check out all the things you can do with baking soda, from One Crazy House, or the ways you can use vinegar (also from One Crazy House).
They are both way better (and cheaper!) than powerful chemicals. White vinegar has so many uses.
Did you know you can clean really dirty grout with baking soda, vinegar and an old toothbrush? Use a microfiber cloth and warm water to get rid of the residue left the easy way.
2. Heat Water And Oils To Clean Your Microwave
Don’t work up a sweat scrubbing dried food from your microwave. Heat a bowl with vanilla extract and lemon. The steam will help release the food.
The lemon cleans and the vanilla releases a soothing scent! Add a tablespoon of vinegar and add the microwave liquid to a spray bottle and you’ll have DIY homemade Febreze! It will freshen up the room.
3. Use Wet Paper Towels To Clean Your Waffle Iron
Steam clean your waffle iron using wet paper towels. Let it simmer for a min or two then wipe. The crumbs and sticky residue will be lifted and easier to wipe off. Loving this idea from Momma’s Spot On.
4. Cleaning Tips For Cleaning LEGOs
Get rid of the grime on those treasured Legos with a wash cycle in clothes washer, with this idea from Gettin’ By. Use a lingerie bag to contain the pieces.
5. Rubber Glove Hacks To Clean Your Carpet
After you vacuum with your vacuum cleaner, use static electricity to collect the bits left in the crevices.
Rub a rubber gloved hand along the edges. You will be surprised at how much you will be able to collect. The lint sticks to the glove as you rub! This one of many cleaning tips from One Crazy House.
DIY Cleaning Solutions Are The Best!
6. DIY Magi Blue Cleaner
This DIY Magic Blue Cleaner, from Skip To My Lou, is amazing! It gets rid of soap scum and oil buildup like none other! Mix dish detergent with vinegar. Let it sit and then use a clean sponge or clean rag in a circular motion to clean up your bathroom.
7. Cleaning Sponges and Rag Hack
Sponges getting stinky? Or your microfiber cloths? Dampen them, and then stick your sponges and cloths into the microwave for thirty seconds. The heat will kill the smelly bacteria.
8. Vegetable Shortening Hack For Cleaning Build Up In The Kitchen
Fight oil with oil! Vegetable shortening is great to get rid of kitchen buildup. The pic above is our fridge, the streak is after we wiped two strokes with a rag and shortening. It’s lovely! If you have stubborn burnt spots, mix oil with baking soda for extra cleaning power.
Video: Plastic Bag Trick and Trashcans
9. Plastic Shopping Bag Hacks
Plastic Bags are great! Reuse them as trash bags. The smaller bag will mean you will take it out more often, saving on odors, and you are reusing a shopping bag at the same time! Here are another 38 things you can do with a plastic shopping bag, from One Crazy House.
10. Recipes For Homemade Cleaners
If you like the idea of DIY cleaning supplies as much as we do, check out some more recipes for homemade cleaners. It’s such a great way to clean your home like professional cleaners, but without the foul odors of chemicals.
11. Lemon and Salt Cleaning Hack
Lemons and salt are all you need to make your stainless steel sink shine. Perk: After you wiped out the kitchen sink, chop up the lemon and run it through the garbage disposal. Your garbage disposal will be clean and your kitchen will smell wonderful because of the lemon juice!
12. Rubbing Alcohol Hacks To Get Rid Of Permanent Marker
Rubbing alcohol will get rid of permanent marker stains. We have used rubbing alcohol with a magic eraser to get rid of permanent marker off of our wood floors.
Hand-sanitizer and highlighters both have similar properties, and are easy to use if you don’t have rubbing alcohol on hand or want something slightly less harsh/concentrated.
Clean Smarter, Not Harder With THese House Cleaning Hacks
13. Create A Cleaning Schedule
This idea from Modern Parents Messy Kids is brilliant… Create a cleaning schedule and stick to it!
14. Vacuuming Crevice Trick
Are you trying to vacuum in tiny crevices? Use Fooyoh‘s method of utilizing a ketchup or glue lid to help direct the suction.
15. De-Gunk Your Washing Machine
No more musty washer! De-gunk your washing machine with vinegar in one empty cycle, bleach in another, from Somewhat Simple – Check the link for more specific instructions.
16. Tips On Cleaning Your Keyboard
Use a makeup brush to clean debris from the crevices of keys on the keyboard. Design Mom has many other tips on how to clean tech devices.
17. Wax Vents To Keep Dust Away
Wax vents to keep dust from piling up on them, with this idea from Ask Anna. It takes awhile, but the dust won’t stick in the future, and will make dusting a breeze!
18. Great Potty Training Hacks To Keep Your Bathroom Clean
Potty-training your kiddos? You have to check out these potty-training tips from The Spohrs are Multiplying!
Use puppy pads underneath a set of sheets to help protect mattresses and make clean-up easier in the middle of the night.
Have the bed made below the puppy pad – if they have an accident remove the top sheet, and the pad, and go back to bed.
19. Make Up Cleaning Hacks With Playdough
Collect the bits of eye shadow and other powdery substances from your bathroom drawers using play dough. Perk to this drawer cleaning method: The shiny dough is fun to play with after you are done cleaning!
Home Cleaning Hacks and Tricks
20. A Collection Of Cleaning Hacks
If you’re a fan of our cleaning hacks, you have to check out our collection of Hacks for the Home.
21. Spring Cleaning and Decluttering Course
We have tons of cleaning tips and inspiration to take your spring cleaning to the next level this year! Also, if you’re ready to organize the entire house, you have to try this declutter course, from Your Modern Family! It’s perfect for busy families.
22. Clean Your Ceiling Fan With An Old Pillow Case
I have been doing this for years. Take an old pillow case and put it over your ceiling fan blade and wipe the dust into the case. That way it doesn’t get everywhere.
Related Cleaning List:
- 20 Cleaning Tips to Make Life Easier
- Printable Zone Cleaning Chore Cards for Kids
- 11 Car Cleaning Hacks To Detail Like a Pro
- How To Use Essential Oils in Your Daily Cleaning Routine
More Cleaning Hacks and Tricks From Kids Activities Blog:
- Get your medicine cabinet in order with these 15 tips.
- And get see how you can organize all those pesky cords!
- Or give your office a complete makeover with these genius mom office ideas.
- Make the back to school rush much smoother with these helpful tips.
- Want more life hacks to make your life easier? Look no further! We have over 100 to choose from!
- Looking for more car organization hacks? We’ve got them!
- Oh no! Have some stains in your car? Use this awesome hack to clean the seats or the carpet of your car!
- Have an emergency bag for your children in your car? Here is what you should put in them.
- Keep the backseat cool, especially in older cars, with this AC vent tube.
- You can keep your car games organized easily!
- Is your car getting cluttered? Here is what you should throw out.
- Learn how to make your house smell good!
- Try making this DIY carpet deodorizer powder!
Comment below with your favorite cleaning hacks!
That is a great tip I am definitely going to give this a try.
I revised your site and blogs they very nice and very useful to us, I got such a good information from your site only. You made a good site it’s very help us.Thanks for sharing the best suggestions they very nice and amazing.