Your kids will love these School Book Sandwiches along with other School Themed Treats to feed the hungry kids. These healthy snacks look so cute that the kids are sure to gobble them up. Don’t forget to bring your teacher a special treat like an Inside Out Chocolate Caramel Apple too.
These tiny little books are so cute and so easy to make and will be a perfect healthy snack to bring to your kid’s classroom, but they can be personalized for any occasion. Add the name of your child’s favorite book for a book themed birthday party or just for lunch.
School Book Sandwiches
Cut soft flour tortillas into 4 1/4 inch by 2 3/4 inch rectangles. (You can change these dimensions if you’d like larger sandwiches.)
Then cut slices of white cheese and deli meat into 1 3/4 inch by 2 1/2 inch rectangles.
You’ll have lots of scrap pieces of tortilla which can easily be turned into chips. You can either fry them or brush them with oil and bake them until crispy then sprinkle on salt or cinnamon sugar. The scraps of cheese and meat will make great toppers for a salad.
To assemble your sandwich books:
- stack slices of cheese and deli meat, alternating the two until you have 5 slices or “‘pages” for you book
- spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on one side of the tortilla rectangles, keeping it 1/4 inch from the edge
- set the cheese and meat “pages” on one edge of the torilla
- fold the tortilla over forming a book
- use a food coloring marker to write the title of the book on the front of each sandwich
- add some lines and repeat the name on the binding (edge) of the book
The tortillas do tend to dry out a bit, so make them within a few hours of serving. Wrap the sandwiches well and store in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.